Pass the "Reach Every Mother and Child Act" in Congress to Promote Global Health

Pass the "Reach Every Mother and Child Act" in Congress to Promote Global Health

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!
Riley Sullivan started this petition to Senator James E. Risch and

The Reach Every Mother and Child Act is essential in promoting a global solution to a global problem. Thousands of people die each day due to preventable diseases that have affordable treatments available in the US. Tuberculosis, measles, and meningitis are among these illnesses that are rare in the US but ubiquitous across the world.

The Reach Every Mother and Child Act would help other countries reach the same level of health as the United States and promote a collaborative approach to solving this worldwide problem. The act would establish a five-year strategy for improving child and maternal mortality across the world and ensure healthy lives by 2030. The act would allocate US State Department Funds (around $3 billion) to spread US technology, values, and healthcare to developing nations.

One preventable death in a developing country is just as important as a local death, however, in a developing country, the chance of death is much more probable. To end this disparity, the Reach Every Mother and Child Act needs to be passed within the Senate. 

Saving lives in other countries will bring the US an economic boom. Reducing death rates in other countries has been proven to allow economics to grow and expand. The US sells 95% of its goods to developed peoples, which is only 20% of the world. By saving lives and promoting economies across the world, the other 80% can purchase US products, expanding US markets worldwide - essentially quadrupling the US global sales.

All United States senators need to join the bill (S.1730) as a co-sponsor. With 49 co-sponsors already, the bill is still being considered in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee. By increasing the number of cosponsors, the chances of the bill being passed are much more likely so I am asking all United States senators who have not yet done so, to become co-sponsors of the Reach Every Mother and Child Act.

0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
At 100 signatures, this petition is more likely to be featured in recommendations!