The Saving Health Campaign - Promoting Religious Liberty in Healthcare
0 have signed. Let’s get to 7,000!
The purpose behind the "Saving Health" campaign is to promote awareness and resolution of the infringement upon fundamental/ inherent religious freedoms (established in the 1st Amendment) incurred by the modern medical establishment towards traditional Adventist therapeutics*. As Christians, we desire to be able to freely heed Christ's injunction to "heal the sick" according to the Biblical pattern (simple, natural means & faith in Christ as Restorer) and not the opposing standards of the world (pharmaceuticals, etc. & legislated compliance to man). As a denomination, we must wake up & realize that compulsory legislation affecting our God-given health & wellness principles is a violation of our religious liberties. Thus, even in matters of lifestyle principle we "ought to obey God rather than man."
*There are many instances of compulsory legislation affecting the carrying out of the practical aspects of our health message. For instance, for healthcare workers, deviation in medical practice from the set "standards of care" opens up these individuals to potential litigation (civil and criminal) and loss of licensure. For laypersons, practicing hydrotherapy, simple remedies, and other traditional Adventist therapeutics could be considered "practicing medicine without a license." This can pose a substantial threat for criminal and civil prosecution and even imprisonment. For many Adventists, the fear of these repercussions keep them from fully carrying out genuine "gospel medical missionary work."
You are encouraged to take a stand based upon the following precepts:
Whereas instruction regarding traditional Adventist therapeutics, which is well documented through the inspired writings of Ellen G. White, is at odds with the legislated practice of the modern era (1). Ex:
a. As a denomination we have been counseled, through prophetic instruction, not to depend upon drugs, but simple natural remedies (2, 3, 4).
b. We have also been counseled not to build up large hospitals but to take people into our homes, or small “home-like” centers to care for their physical needs and to be treated without the usage of drug medication (5, 6).
c. We have been instructed by God that disease comes as a violation of the divine principles that God has instituted governing our physical being (laws of health/ natural laws) (7, 8).
Whereas the promulgation of the blessings of prevention and physical/ mental & spiritual wellness, as well as warnings regarding the usage of toxic therapeutics, is given as a religious duty (9, 10).
*The reason I have chosen to petition Church leadership in this matter is that we need to move forward in unity. If we remain divided on this issue than the world will point to the obvious inconsistencies between what we cite as inspired guidance (Bible & Spirit of Prophecy) and what actually is occurring in many of our health institutions.
(1) "But in no case are you to stand as do the physicians of the world to exalt allopathy above every other practice, and call all other methods quackery and error; for from the beginning to the present time the results of allopathy have made a most objectionable showing. There has been loss of life in your sanitarium because drugs have been administered, and these give no chance for nature to do her work of restoration. Drug medication has broken up the power of the human machinery, and the patients have died. Others have carried the drugs away with them, making less effective the simple remedies nature uses to restore the system. The students in your institution [Battle Creek Sanitarium] are not to be educated to regard drugs as a necessity. They are to be educated to leave drugs alone." From Letter 67, 1899 (Ellen G. White)
(2) "The Lord has taught us that great efficacy for healing lies in a proper use of water. These treatments should be given skillfully. We have been instructed that in our treatment of the sick we should discard the use of drugs. There are simple herbs that can be used for the recovery of the sick, whose effect upon the system is very different from that of those drugs that poison the blood and endanger life." From The Paulson Collection of Ellen G. White Letters, p. 2
(3) "The Lord has given some simple herbs of the field that at times are beneficial; and if every family were educated in how to use these herbs in case of sickness, much suffering might be prevented, and no doctor need be called. These old- fashioned, simple herbs, used intelligently, would have recovered many sick, who have died under drug medication." From The Place of Herbs in Rational Therapy, p. 8 (Ellen G. White)
(4) "Those who make a practice of taking drugs, sin against their intelligence and endanger their whole after life.” From The Place of Herbs in Rational Therapy, p. 10 (Ellen G. White)
(5) "It is that thirsting souls may be led to the living water that we plead for sanitariums, not expensive, mammoth sanitariums, but homelike institutions, in pleasant places. Never, never build mammoth institutions. Let these institutions be small, and let there be more of them, that the work of winning souls to Christ may be accomplished." From The Medical Ministry, p. 323 (Ellen G. White)
(6) "Christ is no longer in this world in person, to go through our cities and towns and villages, healing the sick; but He has commissioned us to carry forward the medical missionary work that He began. In this work we are to do our very best. Institutions for the care of the sick are to be established where men and women suffering from disease may be placed under the care of God- fearing physicians and nurses and be treated without drugs." From Counsels on Health, p. 393 (Ellen G. White)
(7) "Genuine medical missionary work is bound up inseparably with the keeping of God's commandments, of which the Sabbath is especially mentioned, since it is the great memorial of God's creative work. Its observance is bound up with the work of restoring the moral image of God in man. This is the ministry which God's people are to carry forward at this time. This ministry, rightly performed, will bring rich blessings to the church." From Testimonies for the Church Volume 6, p. 265 (Ellen G. White)
(8) "The only hope of better things is in the education of the people in right principles. Let physicians teach the people that restorative power is not in drugs, but in nature. Disease is an effort of nature to free the system from conditions that result from a violation of the laws of health. In case of sickness, the cause should be ascertained. Unhealthful conditions should be changed, wrong habits corrected. Then nature is to be assisted in her effort to expel impurities and to re-
establish right conditions in the system." From The Ministry of Healing, p. 127 (Ellen G. White) (see also Exodus 15:26)
(9) “The medical missionary work given us to do means something to every one of us. It is a work of soul saving; it is the proclamation of the gospel message.” From Counsels on Health, p. 320 (Ellen G. White)
(10) "We have come to a time when every member of the church should take hold of medical missionary work. The world is a lazar house filled with victims of both physical and spiritual disease. Everywhere people are perishing for lack of a knowledge of the truths that have been committed to us. The members of the church are in need of an awakening, that they may realize their responsibility to impart these truths." From Testimonies for the Church Volume 7, p. 62 (Ellen G. White)
Please read the petition below for more detailed information regarding this campaign.
Today: Ronald is counting on you
Ronald Meinhardt needs your help with “The Saving Health Campaign - Promoting Religious Liberty in Healthcare”. Join Ronald and 246 supporters today.