The Urgency of Swacch Bharat for Religious Places in India
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Just outside a temple, in a crowd he fainted. Got no first aid, lay there unattended. Shortly suffered a massive heart attack and passed away. I lost a very dear young friend, an IIM Doctoral scholar - recently and am still in grief.
We have all heard of people injured and dying, waiting in lines in crowds and in stampedes - outside religious places. This happens every year, as a ritual - along with the festivals.
LET US NOT ACCEPT THIS ANY LONGER. WE CAN ASK FOR AND GET CHANGE. IT IS TIME FOR A NEW INDIA TO EMERGE.
Please ask yourself these SEVEN questions:
1. Do people who visit such places deserve to die because of lack of first aid, quick access to basic and advanced/necessary medical care?
2. Do we deserve dirty religious places that don't even know scientific crowd management?
3. Do we deserve filthy roads and overflowing sewers drainage flood mgmt. in religious places?
4. Must community kitchens be dirty and infested with insects and vermin?
5. Do people visiting religious places deserve clean water and hygienic street food?6. Should religious places offer clean toilets and facilities for women too? For the weak and the vulnerable?
7. Should you have to risk your life, with few modes of access and transport - be vulnerable to cheats and louts?
WHO WILL CHANGE ALL THIS, IF WE DON'T ASK FOR IT AND GET IT DONE?
India is a leader in computing - we can manage this better, we need the resolve.
Millions of Indians fly overseas and visit various religious places - that are so clean and well organized. Why can't India present the same picture to the world?
Especially when all religions in India lay so much emphasis on purity and cleanliness and literally every other person associates to religion. Let this be religiously emphasized. Let us ask for this change on priority!
This petition seeks to create awareness so that everyone can pass on the message to build momentum, and it seeks the attention of the honorable PM, the Government of India and the honorable Supreme Court - the entities we trust, can bring this change for good.
Your support and spreading the word - matters. Let's be the change we wish to see.
Today: Nitin is counting on you
Nitin Varma needs your help with “The Prime Minister: Urgency of Swacch Bharat for Religious Places in India”. Join Nitin and 137 supporters today.