A Warning: Canberra's Big Business To End
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The age of entitlement is definitely over.
Canberra, we vote! It's time to send a very clear message to Federal Parliament. The Big Business of Australian political perks is ending. It's time politicians recognised that laws that apply to the people must first apply to them and so The Age of Entitlement becomes The Age of Equality.
We note the Pension Assets Test will be implemented on 1 January 2017.
So here's fair warning to all politicians of any persuasion, this group of voters, both aged and those concerned about the aged, may be about to make the greatest impact on any Federal election in history, ignoring them may be the start of a changed political environment in this country.
Change the Entitlements
We absolutely agree, if a pension isn't an entitlement, neither is theirs. They keep telling us that paying us an aged pension isn't sustainable. Paying politicians all the perks they get is even less sustainable!
The politicians themselves, in Canberra, brought it up, that the Age of Entitlements is over, and the Treasurer of the day who made that statement now draws his very generous Parliamentary Pension whilst drawing a very generous allowance as Ambassador to the USA. Double dipping and rewarded for it. One law for the people, another for politicians? No more.
We, Australian electors of Pension age and younger call upon the Parliament of Australia to enact “the Age of Equality” including the following:-
1. Politicians to shoulder their share of the weight now that the Age of Entitlement is over.
2.All political pensions with entitlements over and above what ordinary voters receive to be scrapped. Politicians should receive Super according to law equal to that legislated for citizens. They may then purchase their own retirement plan, as
other working Australians are expected to do.
3. Retired politicians (past, present & future) to access pensions and pension entitlements (eg. health care card) through Centrelink so that they too can enjoy what ordinary Australians experience with that experience!
4. A Politician collects a substantial salary while in office but should receive no salary when they're out of office.
5. Funds already allocated to the Politicians' retirement fund be returned immediately to Consolidated Revenue. This money is to be used to pay down debt they created which they expect us and our grandchildren to repay for them.
6. Politicians will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Politicians pay will rise by the lower of, either the CPI or 3%.
7. Politicians lose their privileged health care system and participate in the same health care system as ordinary Australian people.
i.e. Politicians either pay for private cover from their own funds or accept ordinary Medicare.
8. Politicians must equally abide by all laws they impose on the Australian people because the Age of Equality has begun.
To come into effect immediately.
The Australian people did not agree to provide exhorbitant perks to Politicians. That burden was thrust upon them. Politicians devised all this to benefit themselves.
Serving in Parliament is an honour not a career.
The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so our politicians were not "professional politicians" but citizens who would serve their term(s), then continue life as citizens just like any other person.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX Parliament and help bring fairness back into this country! Perhaps the Age of Equality may bring true egalitarianism to our world, impacting all.
from two voters, David Ayliffe and Brian Rignall.
Today: David is counting on you
David Ayliffe needs your help with “The Prime Minister: A Warning to Canberra”. Join David and 201 supporters today.