Reform Somaliland Police and End Police Impunity
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500.
We demand the President to reform the police and set a higher standard and make it accountable. Currently Somaliland Police is not subject to independent oversight and is not accountable. Its structure is inherited from a military government that ruled Somaliland from 1969 to 1991. It is a militarized institution, and abuses human rights with impunity. This petition asks the President:
- To reform the Police of Somaliland;
- To subject the police to the jurisdiction of the civilian courts;
- To pass laws and procedures making the Police accountable;
- To reform the organization of the Police and restructure it to make it compatible with the Constitution of Somaliland in order to eradicate the Police practices inherited from the military government of Siad Barre.
- The Presidency Office
The President of the Republic of Somaliland
Annaga oo ah muwadiniinta halkan ku saxeexan waxaannu si xushmad iyo qadarin leh kaaga codsanaynaa:
1. In dib-u-habayn (reform) lagu sameeyo booliiska Somaliland;
2. In dacwadaha ka dhanka ah Booliiska ay qaadi karaan maxkamadaha caadiga ah ee dalka (civilian courts);
3. In la abuuro qaab iyo xeerar lagula xisaabtamo Booliiska hadii uu gef sharci galo;
4. In qaab dhismeedka Booliiska wax laga bedelo si uu u noqdo mid la jaan qaadi kara dastuurka JSL si loo dabar gooyo dhaqamadii laga dhaxlay dawladdii ciidanka ahayd ee Siyaad Barre.
Today: Human Rights Centre is counting on you
Human Rights Centre needs your help with “The President of the Republic of Somaliland: Support Somaliland Police Reform and End of Police Impunity”. Join Human Rights Centre and 239 supporters today.