To change the law to allow divorce in the Philippines
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Changing the law in the Philippines to allow everyone the right to divorce
We ask that you as a Filipino or anyone in the rest of the world who would like to support this petition to please read the following and consider signing this petition.
We think Divorce should be a right for everyone, just as it is in the rest of the world. while some marriages can last an eternity, some marriages will break down or 1 of the partners may do wrong by their significant other.
It is not fair for the people to have to stay in a marriage that has clearly broken down for one reason or another, it should be their right to divorce if they wish to.
1) Giving the rights to the Filipino people to get divorced the same as the rest of the world.
2) to make it easier for people to get legally separated from their partners without having to go down the annulment route which can cost too much money for the average Filipino to afford. Also not every one qualifies for annulment there isn't enough reasons to qualify.
3) to allow people to separate from abusive partners, cheaters, philanderers, adulterers. allowing the victimised partner to legally separate and get on with the rest of their life.
4) Making it much easier to divorce someone and having the same rights to divorce as the rest of the world.
5) allowing divorce from broken marriages and absent partners from a marriage so they can be freed from a partner who hasnt been i
Absolute divorce complies with Article II, Section 6 of the 1987 Constitution (Separation of Church and State). The Church is the one that promotes macho culture, and at the same time it interferes with politics. I think the Supreme Court should declare absolute divorce as a constitutional right to the Filipino people
Today: Darrell is counting on you
Darrell Wilding needs your help with “the philipines government : To change the law to allow divorce in the Philippines”. Join Darrell and 1,724 supporters today.