Call on the National LGBTQ Task Force to Uphold its Inclusive Values
This petition had 1,450 supporters
We call on the National LGBTQ Task Force to make a public statement:
- Demonstrating there is a safe space at Creating Change and the National LGBTQ Task Force for supporters of A Wider Bridge and LGBQ people and allies who want a constructive relationship with Israel and LGBTQ Israelis
- Apologizing to A Wider Bridge for the message it is sending by cancelling the Beyond the Bridge: Chicago Reception
- Include the relocated A Wider Bridge reception, to be held at the Blackstone Chicago Hotel, in materials and programs for the Creating Change Conference
After being approved as a part of the program well in advance, the organizers of the Creating Change conference in Chicago caved to extremist demands and canceled the A Wider Bridge-sponsored reception that was to be held on Friday, January 22 featuring the leaders of Jerusalem Open House (JOH), Jerusalem’s flagship LGBT organization.
- The National LGBTQ Task Force seeks to “build a broad movement that supports all LGBTQ people, to express their leadership and transform our movement and our society.” Cancelling A Wider Bridge’s reception is in direct conflict with the Taskforce’s strategic objective.
- A Wider Bridge works to promote honest dialogue and collaboration and to present Israel in all of its complexity. Our LGBTQ Missions to Israel include visits to the West Bank and the opportunity to hear directly from Palestinians. We meet with Israeli Ethiopians, transgender leaders, and LGBTQ leaders from Israel’s religious communities. Our programs often explore issues involving homophobia, transphobia, sexism, racism, ultra-nationalism, and many other forms of bigotry -- the very same issues being addressed at the Creating Change conference.
- See the full public statement from A Wider Bridge
A Wider Bridge is the organization connecting the LGBTQ communities of North America and Israel. www.awiderbridge.org
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Today: David is counting on you
David Rittberg needs your help with “The National LGBTQ Task Force: Call on the National LGBTQ Task Force to Uphold its Inclusive Values”. Join David and 1,449 supporters today.