Save Rymill Park - scrap the O-Bahn project
This petition made change with 955 supporters!
The Government claims its $160m O-Bahn project will save 31,000 commuters 3.5 minutes per trip, but at what cost:
- It will destroy Rymill Park with a new four-lane dual-carriage highway less than 20 metres from the lake (becoming 6 lanes with future trams)
- Up to 69 trees will be lost, 19 that are significant
- Increased traffic in already-congested Grenfell St, as all traffic from Rundle Rd will be diverted into Grenfell St, and O-Bahn buses that currently use North Tce
- No direct access into Rundle St when Rundle Rd is closed.
- 82 car parks in the East End and 70 on Hackney Rd will be lost
- New priority bus lanes on Hackney Rd will make it dangerous and difficult to cross, diminishing access into Hackney and St Peters; also the Zoo, Botanic Park and Gardens.
- It will impact on the current Tour Down Under and Three Day Event circuits, and the Park Lands Trail through Rymill Park will be blocked
- Public opposition to this project is widespread, including Adelaide City Council, Norwood Payneham & St Peters Council, the Mayor of Campbelltown, Business SA, the Property Council, the RAA, Senator Nick Xenophon, 12 community groups who have formed the Rymill Park Alliance and many individuals from all over Adelaide (including O-Bahn users)
Today: Save Adelaide's Rymill Park is counting on you
Save Adelaide's Rymill Park needs your help with “The Minister for Transport, Stephen Mullighan: Save Rymill Park - scrap the O-Bahn project”. Join Save Adelaide's Rymill Park and 954 supporters today.