Sentient creatures demand a Ban on 1080
0 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000!
Please meet Rex Betty, and Kenya. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1iHJQWgy4&feature=youtu.be
On 11 April 2014, Rex died a painful death after eating a Sodium Monofluoroacetate (1080) poisoned bait, in his suburban backyard in Collie, Western Australia. Rex's death was drawn out and was observed by his owners who were unable to help him. Rex howled and yelped, he frothed at the mouth, he ran around wildly, he fitted and died. Tests were undertaken on the baits found in the backyard and they were 1080 dry baits. Domestic Pets regularly die across Australia from eating 1080 baits, wildlife suffer the same cruel and unnecessary fate. 1080 is a poison with no known antidote. It kills all breathing creatures slowly and cruelly and has the capacity to kill humans. There is limited control over baits being collected after laying or aerial dropped, no policed collection of baited meat which means birds die from secondary poisoning. Native non target species are killed from 1080 including endangered species. Thousands of domestic dogs die each year from 1080 poison, many go unreported because it is so distressing for the owners to observe. In humans, symptoms include pains in the chest, nausea, vomiting, respiratory distress and frothing of the mouth, coma. 1080 does not discriminate. Made in USA and banned in most countries it is still used in epidemic proportions across Australia. 1080 does not definitively remove the unwanted species, it is a temporary highly toxic short term "fix" that is a risk to public health. The use of 1080 to kill "wild dogs" and dingoes is causing mayhem to the natural biodiversity of this country. Dingoes are the apex predator and killing dingoes simply causes a repopulation of the so called "pest species" .
The Australian Government is not heeding the warnings of scientists.
There are many other methods to control so called unwanted species without using a toxic poison like 1080. It is a cruel barbaric poison which brings about a ghastly death that no creature should have to endure. 1080 is a potential threat to human health, particularly as it is freely used in Urban areas.
Today: Marilyn is counting on you
Marilyn Nuske needs your help with “The Minister for Agriculture, remove Toxin 1080 from use in Australia. It is killing our domestic pets and imposing a cruel death on all sentient creatures. It is a threat to Australia's environmental wellbeing and a potential risk to human health.”. Join Marilyn and 12,437 supporters today.