Preserve Saint-Paul de Vence !!
Cette pétition avait 26 signataires
PRESERVE SAINT-PAUL DE VENCE
- Stop the installation of random permanent sculptures in the streets, on the squares and roundabouts…They disfigure and kill the architectural beauty of this historic village that boasts 7 listed sites and was visited and loved by Picasso, Léger, Matisse, Braque, Calder, Chagall, Giacometti, Dufy, Utrillo, Chagall, Arman, César, Blais, Nouvel and so many others.
- Stop the destruction of rare centuries old trees: Mulberry trees, Cypresses, plane trees, camphor trees…
- Shame on the destruction of the great writer James Baldwin's 18th Century house, Georges Braque's former workshop, given away to real estate developers.
We ask the mayor of Saint Paul de Vence to act now to preserve this unique village lived in and loved by the greatest artists, writers, film directors, actors, lawyers, politicians, singers, dancers from all around the world for its quality of life and its beauty that are being spoilt:
1) For any new art installation to be approved by a specialised jury
2) That our village isn't turned into a theme park for mass tourism and remains faithful to its history
3) An end to the over-proliferation of sightseeing signposts
4) The consultation of the villagers for any further destruction of a beautiful tree
WE NEED YOUR SIGNATURE
We are sending this petition to the French Government and specifically to those in charge of Culture and the conservation of French Heritage … and to all those who love the village
Pétitions à la une
Brigitte compte sur vous aujourd'hui
Brigitte SHUMAN a besoin de votre aide pour sa pétition “The mayor of Saint-Paul de Vence: Preserve Saint-Paul de Vence !!”. Rejoignez Brigitte et 25 signataires.