Since the case opened in June 2010, the DA collected several pieces of evidence to support the criminal prosecution of Lesserson under California Penal Code 288 Lewd Acts with a Child, yet has not done so, leaving the children in danger by their perpetrator.
- The girls were interviewed separately at Stuart House in June 2010. Both girls corroborated each other in their disclosures.
- That same day, the girls underwent a forensic physical exam with the nurse, Sally Wilson. She diagnosed HPV genital warts on Rikki.
- Rikki was earlier that week diagnosed by her pediatrician, Dr. Elisha Hicks, with genital warts and Dr. Hicks also made a notation of Rikki’s disclosure of those warts, that her father and only her father touched her in the exact same location as her genital warts.
- Dr. Anderson, a forensic examiner of almost 50 years, having worked closely with law enforcement on sex crimes, interviewed both girls and reported credibility to their disclosures.
- Mother, interviewed by the DA, also corroborated a history over the years of the girls’ signs and behaviors which are highly indicative of sexual abuse(bedwetting/enuresis, anogenital problems/her vagina hurting in past after visits with father, monitor’s reports of girls stripping naked at father’s house, masturbating from young age when asked in therapy about sexual abuse, other incidences of the young girls sexually acting out, this is all in the context with their father being an ultra-orthodox rabbi which raises more concern). A further investigation to their therapists would yield greater information for the case.
- The DA's office also has a copy of Lesserson's journal which contains admissions to domestic violence andto putting on a "rabbi facade" to cover up his demons he is wrestling with (alcohol, fantasies of girls, feeling emasculated by women).
- Lesserson also has a record of domestic violence from 2006 and history of sexual assault against the girls' mother.
- A picture of Rikki’s inner thighs, raw, sore and red was also submitted. It was taken the night she came back from her father and she was crying in pain. Rikki is willing to be questioned regarding this photo and what happened to her.
- Genital warts are caused by the virus, HPV. It is the most common sexually transmitted disease according to the CDC and is contracted by having a sexual contact with a person already infected with HPV, according to the CDC thru vaginal and anal sex, during oral sex and genital-to-genital contact, even when the infected person has no signs or symptoms. The CDC states rarely, a pregnant woman with genital HPV can pass HPV to her baby during delivery. Mother is willing to provide her medical records to show she has never had HPV nor genital warts in the birth canal upon Rikki’s birth for the very rare instance it could be anything other than from how Rikki disclosed she contracted it. However, in young kids, as Rikki at age 8, it is a strong sign of sexual abuse, even without her disclosure.
Whether or not the DA's office makes a determination that the felony was committed, the victims, Rachel and Rikki, still have a right to a criminal protective order based on the evidence listed above. Under Marsy's Law, the California Constitution Article 1, Statute 28, Section (b) confers our girls the right “(2) to be reasonably protected from the defendant and persons acting on behalf of the defendant.”
A 'victim' is defined under the California Constitution as "a person who suffers direct or threatened physical, psychological, or financial harm as a result of the commission or attempted commission of a crime or delinquent act.” (Cal. Const., art. I, § 28(e).)
If the DA's office drops this case and sends the children to the family law courts, the children will lose their chance at being safe and will be at the mercy of where money overrides the case. The family law judge has currently dismissed any shred of physical evidence of sexual abuse in violation of Family Code Sec. 3118, and even though the sexual abuse was never conclusively proven wrong, flipped custody in violation of Family Code Sec. 3027.5, forcing the children to live with their perpetrator, no contact with mom, relying solely on Court Appointees, led by Evaluator Stan Katz without the judge ever talking with the girls. Judge will be placing the four children in father's physical custody on August 27, 2012 and the girls will be sent to deprogramming "torture" camps to train the children to stop crying out for help against "sexual abuse".
We need the DA to step in immediately to protect these children! someone should support this petition