The Hon Tanya Plibersek MP - Minister for Health: We urgently request your intervention to save Home Medicine Reviews (HMRs)
This petition made change with 1,865 supporters!
VICTORY- The Minister has just announced that there will not be any reduction in fees for the remainder of the Agreement. Details will be on Auspharmlist tomorrow. Thanks for all your help.
· Despite steady growth in HMRs of around 20% per year and changes in the 5th CPA to promote further growth, the proportion of the professional services budget allocated to this service was not sufficient to allow for any growth.
· We are extremely concerned that a fee restructure has been proposed that will result in the reduction of remuneration for HMRs to $140 (a 30% reduction) as well as major reductions (20%) in Residential Medication Management Reviews (RMMRs).
· These changes, if implemented as suggested, will make providing these services unviable, impacting on consumers’ health outcomes, GP’s management of their patients’ medications and the livelihood of hundreds of accredited pharmacists around Australia.
· Consumers, GPs and pharmacists all feel that this program is of benefit, and there is an increasing body of evidence for the health benefits and cost savings made by conducting medication reviews (either DMMRs or RMMRs).
· We call on you to discuss with the PGA the re-allocation of funds to the HMR program from non-referral based professional pharmacy programs.
· As these referral-based services (HMRs and RMMRs) are linked to General Practitioner MBS Item numbers (Items 900 and 903 respectively) it would seem reasonable that a change in the funding arrangements consider direct payment through Medicare.
Today: Peter is counting on you
Peter Tenni needs your help with “The Hon Tanya Plibersek MP - Minister for Health: We urgently request your intervention to save Home Medicine Reviews (HMRs)”. Join Peter and 1,864 supporters today.