Mike Baird, Dominic Perrottet: Accept and enact the Law & Justice committee’s recommendations on WorkCover this year. The injured workers of NSW can't wait six months
This petition made change with 278 supporters!
Dear the Hon Michael Baird & Minister Perrottet,
On 17 September the NSW Legislative Councils' Law and Justice Committee gave its verdict on WorkCover and the NSW Workers Compensation.
The Committee recommended 26 changes to WorkCover and the Workers Compensation system including:
1. The restoration of lifetime medical benefits for hearing aids, prosthesis and home and vehicle modifications- we call on the government to extend to the broader application to all medicals arising from work cut in 2012.
2. Allowing exceptions for medical pre approval removing the ability for insurers to frustrate rehabilitation and return to work
3. Enabling injured workers to access legal practitioners for work capacity whereby only insurers and employers have been able to access this knowledge to date.
4. Improving injured workers return to work processes and enforcing these processes with employers.
5. Tackling the problem of phoenix companies (those that go “bust” after a claim only to resurface under another name) and their impact on the economy and health and safety.
We urge you to accept all of the committee’s recommendations and enact them in this term of parliament.
Our members and the workers in your state need your actions as well as your statements that the safety and wellbeing of the employees in your state come first. Pass these recommendations.
Today: Injured Workers Support Network is counting on you
Injured Workers Support Network needs your help with “the Hon Michael Baird, NSW Premier (Premier of NSW): Mike Baird, Dominic Perrottet: Accept and enact the Law & Justice committee’s recommendations on WorkCover this year. The injured workers of NSW can't wait six months”. Join Injured Workers Support Network and 277 supporters today.