Call for Makana Municipality to be dissolved & placed under full administration
0 have signed. Let’s get to 15,000!
We call on the Eastern Cape Provincial Executive to dissolve the Makana Municipal Council and appoint an administrator until the election of a new Council, in terms of Section 139(1)(c) of the South African Constitution.
The Makana Municipal Council has failed to meet its Executive Obligations.
They are unable or unwilling to:
- exercise the municipality’s executive and legislative authority and use the resources of the municipality in the best interests of the community;
- provide, without favour or prejudice, democratic and accountable government;
- ensure that municipal services are provided to the community in a financially and environmentally sustainable manner;
- consult the community about the level, quality, range and impact of municipal services and the available options for service delivery;
- give members of the community equitable access to the municipal services to which they are entitled;
- promote and undertake development in the municipality;
- promote a safe and healthy environment in the municipality.
We believe there are exceptional circumstances which warrant the dissolution of the Municipal Council.
Today: Robyn is counting on you
Robyn Cooper needs your help with “The Executive Council of the Eastern Cape: Call for Makana Municipality to be dissolved & placed under full administration”. Join Robyn and 10,810 supporters today.