Conservation for the Future Generation
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Americans use about 31.5 million tons of printing and writing paper each year, meaning 660 pounds per person, which requires 535 million trees and 12 billion gallons of oil for its manufacturing. In the landfill, where 80% of discarded paper ends up, the decomposition of paper produces methane, a greenhouse gas with 21 times the heat-trapping power of carbon dioxide. Within schools the percentage of paper in the waste stream is even higher, almost 50%! The average private school generates 2,800 sheets of paper per person annually.
Dear Supporter of a More Sustainable Future,
By signing this petition, you agree to:
* Print documents only when absolutely necessary.
* Proof documents on my computer screen rather than printing.
* Print everything double-sided.
* Stop picking up leaflets, flyers and other advertising
* Mail back advertising catalogues
* Recycle all paper I use
* Ask for recycled paper products
* Invite a friend to join this action
Thank you so much for participating!
Annie & Claire
Today: Annie is counting on you
Annie Rau needs your help with “The Episcopal Academy: Conservation for the Future Generation”. Join Annie and 77 supporters today.