JIO should provide 512kbps minimum Broadband speed as per TRAI and DOT Rule and Regulation
This petition had 15 supporters
I Mr. Jigar Ladhava, state in the Interest of General Public at Large to bring to your notice the following facts for necessary action which are as follows:-
1. JIO is the only Telecom operator with a pan-India Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) license. Broadband Wireless Access (BWA) technologies provide high-speed communication access by wireless means to consumer and business markets which is termed as Fourth Generation, 4G.
2. The Department of Telecommunication vide its notification no 4/4/2009 -policy I, dated 18th July 2013, amended the definition of Broadband which is read as "Broadband is a data connection that is able to support interactive services including internet access and has the capability of minimum download speed of 512kbps to an individual subscriber from the point of presence (POP) of the service Provider intending to provide Broadband service".
3. The Network i.e 3G and 4G comes under the above said Broadband Definition as it is known as "wireless mobile Broadband Services" and are capable to provide 512kbps minimum Broadband Speed.
4. The above said D.O.T guidelines is applicable to all the service providers irrespective of wireline Broadband services or wireless Broadband Services.
5. The network i.e. 3G and 4G except the 2G network is capable of delivering the minimum Broadband speed of 512kbps. The 3G network is capable to deliver 21mbps of speed and the 4G network is capable to deliver 150mbps of speed.
6. Currently the Telecom Service Providers provide on an average 3G speed from 3 to 8 mbps and for 4G average speed is from 11mbps to 25mbps. This itself proves beyond any reasonable doubt that the Telecom Service providers are capable to provide 512kbps minimum broadband speed in 3G and 4G networks once the user crosses the Fair Usage Policy.
7. JIO which has a pan India BWA licence and is capable to provide a Broadband speed to 150mbps but when the user crosses the Fair Usage policy then the Telecom Service provider i.e JIO cap the speed to 128kbps which is very difficult for the user to surf at such a 2G like speed and thus the Telecom Service Provider violate the Rules and regulation of TRAI and DOT by not providing the minimum speed of 512kbps after the user crosses the Fair usage policy.
8. If no action is taken against the JIO then a Great Harm, Prejudice and irreparable loss will be caused to the General Public at Large and there will be a great apprehension that the other Telecom Service Providers will also continue to violate all the other Rules and Regulations as set out by TRAI and DOT.
9. I humbly request TRAI and DOT to direct all the wireless 3G and 4G Telecom service providers to provide 512kbps minimum speed after the user exhausts the Fair Usage Policy.
10. I humbly request TRAI and DOT to penalise JIO for violating TRAI and DOT Rules and Regulation set out to provide minimum 512kbps broadband speed after the user crosses Fair usage Policy, and also JIO may be directed to Comply the above said rules and regulations of DOT and TRAI to provide 4G wireless and wireline customer at minimum broadband speed of 512kbps after the user crosses Fair Usage Policy.
11. I humbly Request the TRAI and DOT to implement the National Telecom Policy 2012 where it was decided to increase the minimum broadband speed from 512kbps to minimum 2mbps by 2015, for the General Public at Large and for our Future India Digital Country, but till today ie till 2017 year the minimum Broadband speed is not increased from 512kbps to 2mbps.
12. In the Interest of General Public at Large, I hope the TRAI and DOT will take suitable action as soon as possible.
Mr. Jigar Ladhava
Today: Jigar is counting on you
Jigar Ladhava needs your help with “The Department of Telecommunications: JIO should provide 512kbps minimum Broadband speed as per TRAI and DOT Rule and Regulation”. Join Jigar and 14 supporters today.