Save our rural community from overdevelopment
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
We the undersigned register our objection to the development proposed & referred ‘The Proposal’, on the grounds highlighted in the points 1 – 6 below
The proposal: To build 70 dwellings, including 4 self build plots, to the rear of Queens Road with access via extension of the road that is Victoria Road West.
1. No plan for through road or exit from the development other than via Victoria Road West, significantly increasing traffic flow on surrounding roads, both during & post construction.
2. Current Infrastructure failures: Over-subscribed schools, both primary & secondary & Doctors Surgeries, insufficient waste water drainage (Queens Road Pumping Station operates at full capacity now!)
3. Flood risk from the fields to adjacent properties, this has long been a local issue.
4. Destruction of established wildlife habitats: Newts & other amphibians, Bats, Slow worms, Badgers etc.
5. Local property values could decrease.
6. Minimum of 12 months disruption from building works, heavy plant activities & materials/waste transport in & out of the site.
Today: Debs is counting on you
Debs Jepps needs your help with “The council : Save our rural community from overdevelopment”. Join Debs and 372 supporters today.