Petition to Support a Fair Boundary Change Process
This petition had 135 supporters
- Eastlake Elementary enrollment is over school building capacity (925) at 1031 students with an estimated enrollment of 1055 students for next year.
- To accommodate and house all current students Jordan School District (JSD) converted an open hallway space into a classroom, eliminated the computer lab and converted it into a classroom, and removed the fifth and sixth grade prep room and converted it into a classroom.
- This is the first year student SAGE test scores declined.
- In October, Eastlake School Community Council (SCC) held a public meeting with the district and conducted an online survey. Over 300 people responded to the survey and overwhelming supported a boundary change. Only 13 respondents voted no change as their first option.
- In an October meeting, Eastlake SCC ViceChair Teresa Kwant, representative for families East of 4000 West proposed four boundary change options to JSD Board Member Tracy Miller.
- In all of the proposed boundary change options, the bused area represented by Ms. Kwant would remain at Eastlake Elementary while safe walk able areas would be bused to other schools.
- In November JSD offered four boundary change options to parents of the students at Eastlake Elementary. The four boundary options offered by JSD are identical to the boundary options proposed by Ms. Kwant in her meeting with Tracy Miller.
Local JSD administrators have ignored their duties and responsibilities to independently review, analyze, and assess fair and equitable options for all residents. It is clear that the current boundary process involving Eastlake Elementary has been corrupted by partisan interests. As such we petition for the adoption of new choices managed by school board representatives not affiliated with this voting district.
Today: The Committee for Fair and Equitable School Boundaries is counting on you
The Committee for Fair and Equitable School Boundaries needs your help with “The Committee for Fair and Equitable School Boundaries: Petition to Support a Fair Boundary Change Process”. Join The Committee for Fair and Equitable School Boundaries and 134 supporters today.