Return Rightful Treatment to Srinagar Bleeding Disorder Community!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
"Patients suffering from mostly inherited genetic disorder haemophilia are in jaws of death due to the non-availability of anti-haemophilia drugs in hospitals across Kashmir valley"- Rising Kashmir, 5th November 2017
"Many patients alleged that even though the government allotted funds for procurement of drugs for them, the authorities are “engaging in deliberate delays."- Greater Kashmir, 3rd November 2017
- Help 283 bleeding disorder patients in Srinagar, India. There are literally young children protesting for their very lives outside the SMHS Hospital (Shri Maharaja Hari Singh) because their state sector did not purchase their life-saving treatment with the specific allocated funds handed down to them!
- Bleeding Disorders are characterized by extended bleeding after injury, surgery, trauma or menstruation. Sometimes the bleeding is spontaneous, without a known or identifiable cause. They include conditions such as Haemophilia, Von Willebrand Disease and other rare disorders.
- This community has been without their rightful & life-saving treatment for 8 months, and two of these members of the community have already unnecessarily died as a result of not treating life-threatning bleeding symptoms. What also happens as a result of inadequate access to treatment causes permanent physical debilitation from bleeding internal and into joints which is currently happening to majority of these individuals as you read this. Or worse these patients bleed to death.
- It is believed that this unlawful act of not providing treatment was purposeful; and that nearly 200 patients have reported they've been infected with Hepatitis from resorting to the use of plasma product infusions due to the unavailability of their treatment.
This community needs a bigger voice, leaving them to die is unacceptable! This is what needs to happen:
We must stand behind this community and make it clear to the Indian Government of Jammu & Kashmir that these lives matter, that this isn't an isolated or muted situation. We hear these people and we want to see action taken. This situation and more deaths are preventable. Sign & send an E-Mail on behalf of this bleeding disorder community!
What we want is for the Government of Jammu and Kashmir to address this situation as a matter of urgency:
- The Government of Jammu & Kashmir need to promptly make enquires into this urgent issue and where the funds have now gone if 'misplaced'. Why if the pre-arranged funds allocated from higher government with written confirmation record made to purchase the medications; have they not been purchased?
- The Government of Jammu and Kashmir need to arrange emergency replacement medications for dying patients.
Today: Equality for Bleeding Disorders is counting on you
Equality for Bleeding Disorders needs your help with “The Chief Secretary of Srinagar: Return Rightful Treatment to Srinagar Bleeding Disorder Community!”. Join Equality for Bleeding Disorders and 318 supporters today.