We have no confidence in the Headteacher of the Bollin School to lead & manage our school
This petition had 1,008 supporters
PROTECT THE BOLLIN SCHOOL
We no longer have confidence in the Headteacher, Michelle Louise Brindle, of the Bollin School to lead and manage the school. We feel the Headteacher’s style of leadership is detrimental to the staff and as a consequence the children of the school.
OFSTED Parent View:
As of the 7th of February 2017 over 150 Bollin parents have completed the OFSTED Parent View questionnaire.
* 85% strongly disagree or disagree with the statement ‘This school is well led and managed’
* 76% strongly disagree or disagree with the statement ‘This school responds well to any concerns I raise’
* 86% strongly agree or agree with the statement ‘My child is taught well at this school’
* 70% would not recommend Bollin Primary School
* Complaints submitted by parents during November and December 2016 using the school’s formal complaints procedure were not responded to until last week. No explanation for this has been given.
* This breakdown in the complaints procedure prompted a group letter, signed by 130 parents, to be sent to the Chair of Governors in December 2016. A meeting to discuss this has finally been arranged for the 8th of February - 8 weeks after submission.
* 4 Parent Governors (2 elected, 2 co-opted) resigned in December 2016. We believe this was forced upon the Governors under threats of suspension due to alleged conflict of interest which the Governors categorically deny. Evidence of this conflict of interest has not been provided.
* 14 teachers have been working to rule (action short of a strike) since November 2016.
* 14 teachers and 2 support staff have submitted numerous grievances since November 2016.
* These grievances have not yet been heard, which is a breach of the school’s grievance policy. Contrary to the implication in the Chair of Governors letter dated 23rd November 2016, these grievances do not only relate to workload.
* An experienced and well-respected Year 5 teacher was suspended in January 2017. The Headteacher has told parents that Trafford Council made this decision. Yet Theresa Grant (Trafford’s Chief Executive) has confirmed to Bollin PEG that Trafford would have only intervened if it was a safeguarding issue, which it was not.
* Parents of that Year 5 class received a letter from the Headteacher after the departure of one supply teacher, alleging that the teacher had left because of intimidation by parents. None of the parents picking up their children that day witnessed any such thing. In addition, despite assurances that disruption would be kept to a minimum, the class has been taught for weeks by two different supply teachers. The acting Deputy Headteacher Mr McCarthy and another teacher are now sharing this role.
Today: Bollin Parent Engagement Group is counting on you
Bollin Parent Engagement Group needs your help with “The Chair of Governors of the Bollin Primary School: We have no confidence in the Headteacher of the Bollin School to lead & manage our school”. Join Bollin Parent Engagement Group and 1,007 supporters today.