Stop Verizon Wireless: No Cell Antennas by Homes and Schools in Oakland's "13 Corridor"
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Join thousands of other individuals nationwide who have successfully fought cell antennae facilities in close proximity to homes and schools!
Verizon Wireless and The CBR Group are proposing multiple cell wireless facilities including radiation emitting antennas within 100 yards of family homes at 5833 Moraga (near Estates), the corner of Mountain and Thornhill near the library and Montclair Elementary, on Thornhill across from the two preschools, on Glenwood Glade in front of homes there, and 4 other locations. Cell facilities in this type of location have been linked with:
1. Decreased property values/desireability of nearby homes, e.g., see http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140703005726/en/Survey-National-Institute-Science-Law-Public-Policy#.VNRBPp3F-So
2. Increased health problems, especially in children*
3. Safety risks to children
4. Unsightly and noisy equipment not appropriate for a residential neighborhood
The intersection at Moraga and Estates has been ignored by the City and is already fraught with dangerous traffic conditions, poor maintenance of vegetation, and unsightly, deteriorating infrastructure. Say NO to increasing problems at this intersection and to other antennae sites next to homes and schools.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. Sign this petition and pass it on via email or Facebook.
2. email Verizon's PR firm and tell them you do not approve of cell antennae near homes and schools: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. email Oakland's Planning Commission and tell them not to grant Verizon's permit to install these antennae:
4. email City Council to ask that the city deny any zoning permits for cell antennae near homes and schools: Annie Campbell at ACampbellWashington@oaklandnet.com
5. File a complaint and/or make a public comment on the California Public Utility Commission's website here: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/default.aspx Tell them that you do not agree with the 2016 modification to the 1998 "Right of Way" decision because it leaves residents powerless over the placement of cell antennae within feet of their homes.
6. If you would like to help organize and coordinate this effort, email email@example.com
*Peer reviewed scientific research articles
Today: Alisa is counting on you
Alisa Crovetti needs your help with “The CBR Group: Stop Verizon Wireless: No Cell Antennas Near Homes and Schools”. Join Alisa and 143 supporters today.