Make it easier to distinguish & support local products at The Belleville Farmers Market
This petition had 507 supporters
The city of Belleville has had an operating Farmers Market for nearly two Centuries. In that time it has grown, adapted and changed. It is time for it to change again. We want to make it easier to support our local producers.
- We request that the word local be clearly defined in the rule handbook for the Belleville Farmers Market, as items produced within the Bay of Quinte region. Currently in Ontario the word local applies to all produce grown in the province.
- We request that any products from outside the Bay of Quinte region and/or being resold in this market should clearly state where they were produced. This will allow consumers to have a clear choice to support products grown and produced in this immediate area and facilitate in supporting and encouraging local farms.
- We request a review by the city to ensure that ALL vendors are complying with the current rule that reselling is to be limited to 35% of the sellers product line.
- We request that the market be opened to other locally produced products to diversify the offerings available such as local craft beverages. Which are now allowed to be sold at Ontario farmers markets as of Feb. 18, 2016.
- We request that the Belleville Farmers Market slowly reduce the amount of reselling of items and replace these items or vendors with products produced within the Bay of Quinte region.
Today: Eden is counting on you
Eden Oterholm needs your help with “The Belleville Farmers Market : Make it easier to distinguish & support local products at The Belleville Farmers Market”. Join Eden and 506 supporters today.