The 2016 general election was a car wreck.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
The best collective response to a car wreck is legislation to prevent future ones.
The same process can be applied to politics. Today, we have a crisis in accountability of elected officials, and legislation could help. Sign to support the "Candidate Qualifications and Electoral Reform Act." This bill would:
- Require Candidate Standards. (see the draft bill for details - It would have disqualified 2016's Rep and Dem presidential candidates.)
- Begin Automatic nationwide voter registration, thumbprint verified, updated by motor vehicle license, Social Security and/or payroll records.
- Open primaries.
- Exclusion of any candidate for elected office who has, through prior actions, violated the stated intent (preamble) Bill of Rights, or War Powers sections of the US Constitution.
- A six-month probationary period for new electees to enforce accountability.
- Vote of confidence/budget impasse provisions that increase control of government by the electorate.
- Zero tolerance for electoral irregularities. All elections must be auditable with paper records maintained for five years.
Read the draft bill.
Today: Reboot Democracy is counting on you
Reboot Democracy needs your help with “The 2016 general election was a car wreck, with many injuries to credibility of the system and the trust of the American people.”. Join Reboot Democracy and 126 supporters today.