Prevent bus companies from bullying drivers
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
Bus companies profit from operating mileage
Because of the competition among bus operators bus drivers often are bullied:
- When requesting to take a toilet break
- When driving under speed limits
- When we have a faulty bus
- When assisting passengers
- When raising a safety concern
- When running late in service
- When with a cold/hot bus
The above list is not exhaustive.
It is unacepptable that a bus drivers' have to put up with bullying language and forms of intimidation by the bus companies. Usually threatened in the cab or victimised at work in a dark corner. The threats are usually failure of probation, termination of employment contract, limit chance of promotion in the structures of the company and finishing late.
Bus drivers often find themselves being called "trouble maker" for acting in the interest of safety.
- We call on the TfL to investigate all bus operators.
- Hold bus operators accountable by ensuring all the recommendations in the driven to distraction report are adhered to by TfL and it's Bus Operators.
- All radio communications are observed independetly by an independent organisation between bus driver and the bus operator. We would like an audit carried out on the calls regularly and randomly to ensure bus drivers are not bullied.
- Implement professional radio protocol to bus drivers with language that are not deemed to be pressuring or intimidating.
There have been far too many injuries and deaths bus related and accidents due to the bullying culture from Bus companies.
By law the public, police, trade associations and a trade union can object the renewal of a bus operators license. Thus this petition falls under the category as public and trade union as bus workers in London are members of UNITE the Union.
There are 25,000 bus workers in London and we aim to reach all passengers, public and bus drivers themselves calling for change.
This petition was sent to office of the traffic commissioner and as they have failed to take action we are now sending this to the TfL.
Today: Muhsin (Moe) is counting on you
Muhsin (Moe) Manir needs your help with “TfL: Prevent bus operators from bullying drivers”. Join Muhsin (Moe) and 2,826 supporters today.