Petition by Windsor Estate, Old Orchard, Chelsea Harbour and Nearby Residents
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
To Whom It May Concern:
The residents of Windsor Estates on FM 1464, Richmond, TX 77407 are writing this petition to bring to your attention our deep concerns about building of gas station / convenience store in front of our neighborhood, right in between the only entrance and exit to the neighborhood. Residents are concerned that such business will severely impact and alter our surrounding environment, social life, safety and security. Below are few specific concerns and request you consider these from a neighborhood which primarily consists of families with young children.
1. Due to nature of business and operating hours, Gas Stations / Conveniences stores are known to attract crimes and undesirable traffic. With the entrance and exit to the neighborhood only through the proposed location, residents are genuinely concerned about the safety and security of their families.
2. Since Windsor Estates is not a gated community, there is a high risk of proposed business customers to wander into the neighborhood, particularly late evening/night. As you know typical operating business hours of the proposed business is 5 AM to midnight or 1:00 AM. This is extremely discomforting and will make the neighborhood unsafe to walk, jog etc.
3. Due to the streets layout, the Lismer and Encinal Way intersection (where the proposed business location is) is a high risk for traffic accidents. If high traffic prone business, such as gas station is build at that location with two easements, there is risk of accidents at that intersection increases substantially.
4. Even though the new gas stations are environmental friendly, the residents particularly those whose homes will be just few feet away are concerned about the exposure to daily carcinogenic fuel and gas fumes that can have serious health consequences for children.
5. A gas station poses a risk of contamination of drinking water and dangerous emissions.
We humbly request you to consider our petition so our family and children can continue to live and grow up in a safe and beautiful neighborhood. Due to the neighborhood layout we are genuinely concerned about the close proximity of a gas station / convenience store knowing the negative impact it has on the community. We request you to put the safety of residents above tax revenue as nothing is more important than a human life and deny necessary permits to build a gas station or convenience store. We are absolutely fine with any businesses that do not pose above mentioned concerns.
Current Residents of Windsor Estates.
Today: The Windsor Estates (Richmond, Texas) is counting on you
The Windsor Estates (Richmond, Texas) needs your help with “texas : Petition by Windsor Estate, Old Orchard, Chelsea Harbour and Nearby Residents”. Join The Windsor Estates (Richmond, Texas) and 247 supporters today.