Your constituents may be denied access to important health care benefits. Tennessee’s plan to comply with the Affordable Care Act may unfairly deny citizens access to Recreational Therapy, a beneficial and cost‐effective health care service for people with illnesses and disabilities.
Recreational Therapy means a treatment service designed to restore, remediate and rehabilitate a person’s level of functioning and independence in life activities, to promote health and wellness as well as reduce or eliminate the activity limitations and restrictions to participation in life situations caused by an illness or disabling condition.
Recreational therapy is an effective healthcare service that uses a range of meaningful interventions to
promote the physical, cognitive, and social functioning of individuals with illnesses and disabling conditions. Recreational therapists develop or restore functional capacity, promote health, and facilitate effective community engagement.
Recreational Therapists provide…
• Rehabilitation services to establish functioning and promote successful community reentry following an illness or disabling condition.
• Habilitation services for children and adults in need of skills to effectively engage in school, work, and community living.
• Maintenance services that allow older Americans and individuals with disabling conditions to remain in the community versus long‐term care services.
• Adaptation of equipment and environments to facilitate successful participation in the life of the community.
• Activities to help individuals maintain health and improve skills.
Please join us in advocating for our fellow citizens.
Everett Amburn started this petition with a single signature, and now has 105 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.