The White House released a report yesterday, June 16th 2009, proving what scientists have been saying for years: if we don't stop global warming NOW, we will experience drought, food shortages, flooding, and massive population displacement.
It's up to the President to deliver on his campaign pledge to set global warming policy based on science NOT politics. In December of this year, world leaders will literally decide our fate when they meet in Copenhagen. The time for the White House to act is now.
- President of the United States
We the people need you to lead the world by:
- Keeping global temperature increases as far below 2 degrees as possible;
- Achieving real emission reductions of at least 25% below 1990 levels by 2020;
- Eliminating offsets that undermine real emission reductions; and
- Providing the substantial international funding necessary to stop emissions from deforestation and help developing countries adapt to unavoidable climate impacts and leapfrog the dirty energy sources that would further exacerbate the problem.
Greenpeace started this petition with a single signature, and now has 283 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.