Recently the Federal Court in Florida ruled against the Affordable Care Act (ACA). At least two other judges have dismissed lawsuits on the ACA challenging constitutionality as groundless.
History reminds us to keep these lower court rulings in perspective. Traditionally lower courts routinely strike down landmark legislation before the law is eventually upheld by the Supreme Court. Social Security, Voting Rights Act, Civil Rights Act and Minimum Wage were all struck down in lower courts before the United States Supreme Court upheld them.
The Affordable Care Act is currently law and has been for ten months now. It is time for our leaders to focus on implementing the law and to stop wasting time, energy and money with the distraction of these lawsuits. Our leaders need to be focused on moving our country forward after a recession that has left with high foreclosures, and unemployment rates creating a hardship on consumers.
Tell Mike DeWine To Stop Wasting Ohio Taxpayers’ Dollars On His Politically Motivated Health Care Lawsuit
If he decides to continue, then He Must Tell Ohioans the Truth about what he's trying to accomplish:
* To the parents of sick children who finally got coverage: Your insurance will be canceled.
* To seniors: Kiss your prescription drug savings goodbye. 1.8 million of you will also be denied the free preventative care you were getting.
* To the 35,500 young adults up to age 26 being covered through their parent's health insurance policy: Sorry, no more coverage for you!
* To cancer patients with astronomical medical costs: Instead of giving you the care that you need, we'd like to reinstate annual and lifetime benefit limits that could force you into bankruptcy.
* To women in general: we're re-opening the door to discriminatory insurance practices like charging you more than men for health care coverage.
* To small businesses: Your tax credit savings are now gone. We're going to raise your taxes instead.
It is time for our leaders to focus on implementing the law and to stop wasting time, energy and money with the distraction of these lawsuits. Our leaders need to be focused on moving our country forward after a recession that has left with high foreclosures, and unemployment rates creating a hardship on consumers.
If the Affordable Care Act is repealed then important health care coverage for Ohioans would be lost.