TELL COUNCIL: STOP BULLDOZERS IN OUR BACK YARD!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
TELL COUNCIL - STOP THE BULLDOZERS IN OUR BACK YARD!
Marilynn Jacobs Bend, OR
There is a proposed 4-story, 129-unit extended stay hotel to be built on 27th Street and Conners Avenue in Mountain View! This hotel is in the middle of a residential area, across the street from a daycare with 100 children, two senior living centers, and a block from the community park. The developer had to get an amendment to the Bend Development Code to allow his project in the Medical District Overlay Zone. This was done with minimal notification to the residents affected by this development, so neighbors were not included in a transparent way and this amendment was passed unanimously by the Bend City Council in December.
This hotel will profoundly change the character of the neighborhood
Here is how we will be impacted if this development happens:
- This hotel will increase traffic congestion in an already over-congested area.
- The hotel is introducing a 24hour/7-day week business in a residential area.
- The safety of the children in day care, our elderly neighbors, and students walking home from school would all be in jeopardy.
- The equity in our homes will be greatly compromised.
THIS PETITION IS TWO-FOLD:
1. To stop this hotel development in its current location and relocate it to a commercial area where it belongs.
2. Amend the current development codes so that the neighborhoods affected by any development can voice their concerns by receiving timely and highly visible notification from the beginning of the process!
We ask the Bend City Council to make these necessary development policy changes:
- Visible and timely notice given to all homeowners of any land use change.
- Signage on any parcel being developed.
- Description of the project listing the developer's name, address, email address and business phone.
- Clearly state the time frames for comments and concerns within the notification.
- Citizens of Bend want "mindful" development in our neighborhoods. Priority should be given to safety and transportation needs, livability and privacy concerns.
Please fix this now! Create a level playing field between residents and developers, so we all can enjoy living here!
Today: Marilynn is counting on you
Marilynn Jacobs needs your help with “TELL COUNCIL: STOP BULLDOZERS IN OUR BACK YARD!”. Join Marilynn and 316 supporters today.