We think that making sure consumer access to the internet is shielded from costly taxes is a no-brainer. Help us tell Congress that American's internet access isn't a luxury to be taxed, it's an essential part of everyday lives.
Two bills have been introduced in the House and Senate that would ban access taxes and protect consumers. Together the Permanent Internet Tax Freedom Act (H.R. 3086) and the Internet Tax Freedom Forever Act of 2013 (S. 1431) will extend the existing ban on access taxes permanently.
The proposed legislation:
- Prevents state and local taxation of Internet access.
- Prevents state and localities from imposing multiple and discriminatory taxes on Internet commerce.
- Ensures only one state can tax each transaction.
- Prevents online sales from being taxed at a rate higher than in-person sales.
Add your name and tell Congress to keep internet access tax-free!
- U.S. House of Representatives
- U.S. Senate
Keep Internet access tax-free by supporting a permanent extension of the Internet tax moratorium. This will protect American consumers from having new taxes imposed on Internet access and ensure Internet commerce will remain unhindered by discriminatory, duplicative taxes.
MyWireless.org started this petition with a single signature, and now has 24,327 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.