Tell Congress Clean Energy Jobs Are Not Bargaining Chips
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
Changing the tax code should not mean sacrificing American competitiveness, innovation and the incredible growth in clean energy jobs, currently helping to bolster our economy.
Yet the tax reform legislation Congress is considering right now could seriously damage the jobs in solar, wind and energy efficiency – putting our future and the jobs of 3 million Americans at risk.
We cannot pay for tax breaks for the rich with the jobs of million of folks working in clean energy. Please sign this petition to tell Congress:
- Wind and Solar Energy: Do not repeal or change the previous agreement to extend and phase-out the Investment Tax Credit (ITC) for solar energy and the Production Tax Credit (PTC) for wind energy.
- Tax Equity Markets: Preserve the most common way of financing lean energy projects worth billions to state economies and millions of jobs by changing the current base erosion anti-abuse tax (BEAT) language in the bill and giving clean energy developers time to plan.
- Other Renewables: Honor the previous agreement to extend the ITC deal to other clean energy technologies like geothermal energy and fuel cells.
- Energy Efficiency: Reinstate energy efficiency tax credits that support millions of jobs in construction and manufacturing
- Do not repeal an electric vehicle tax credit that saves consumers money at the pump and encourages innovation for American car makers
Renewable energy and energy efficiency sectors create American jobs that cannot be shipped overseas. They save money for consumers and businesses alike. They drive innovation and competitiveness in our economy.
Join E2 and help us tell Congress that America’s 3 million clean energy jobs are not bargaining chips to help pay for its misguided tax reform package. Lawmakers need to know that any legislation aimed at growing jobs and expanding business opportunities must include policies that provide certainty for these growing industries.
Today: E2 (Environmental Entrepreneurs) is counting on you
E2 (Environmental Entrepreneurs) needs your help with “Tell Congress Clean Energy Jobs Are Not Bargaining Chips”. Join E2 (Environmental Entrepreneurs) and 2,384 supporters today.