How to Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 – Manual and Professional Methods
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In the present arena, email client plays an important role in the communication. There are various email clients present however, every email application supports distinguish file format like MBOX, MSG, EML, PST, etc. Due to this, many time the challenge that arises in front of users when they need to move all their data from one email application to another. Out of which, one such data migration is from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016. Therefore, in the following write-up we will discuss the how to convert Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016.
Quick Glance on Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail is a freeware email application, which is not installed by default but has to be, manually. Its functions are quite similar to MS Outlook, in diverse aspects. One of the utmost benefits of Windows Live Mail is that it permits users to utilize with multiple email accounts. WLM saves the messages in store folder where all emails are saved in EML file format.
The Windows Live Mail client will help the purpose of communication to the large section of users. However, when it comes to handling business data in an organization then, Outlook 2016 is definitely a more powerful tool.
Reasons to Transfer Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016
MS Outlook 2016 is an ostensible as one of the most preferred email clients by various organizations for the communications purposes. It lets the users to not only send or receive the messages, also comes up with the well-organized Personal Management tool to get personal tasks professionally.
- Reliable Source to Preserve Data: All the Outlook data is stored in user’s machine. Therefore, confidentiality, as well as data security, is automatically protected.
- Reliable with Calendar Format: Microsoft Outlook has an aptitude to simply read .ics format of calendars. When the users get request link to be added to the calendars, the calendaring application in Outlook adds it automatically.
- Searches & Filters for Email: With Outlook, you can adapt the searches as well as rules for emails filtering. MS Outlook allows users for the customized research of the folders and moves them to some other locations.
Methodology to Export Windows Live Mail data in Outlook 2016
Users can convert all their WLM data into Outlook 2016 by using two ways:
Solution 1: Manual Method
Users can execute the steps that are given below to import Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST. Before following the mentioned steps, users must take backup of their EML files (Windows Live Mail) to execute the data conversion.
- Open both the Windows Live Mail and MS Outlook on your machine.
- On the Windows Live Mail, choose an option of File >> Export >> select email messages.
- Select MS Exchange and click on Next
- Now, the dialog box will come up of ‘Export Message’ >> click Ok
- Select the required files or folders to export the data.
- Once the procedure is completed, the message of completion message will be shown
- To finish the process click on the finish button.
Once the process is, finished users can preview the migrated files on Microsoft Outlook. To preview the converted data users need to utilize “Import Export Wizard” of Outlook to import all EML emails to Outlook.
- Fails to import large EML files
- Data loss chances are high
- Lengthy process for non-technical users
Solution 2: One-Stop Solution
To overcome from the limitations of the manual process, users can use the software namely BitRecover Windows Live Mail Converter. The utility is programmed by keeping the all user’s need in mind. It supports all the EML based email clients to execute the migration of data. It helps to save user’s time by migrating multiple .eml files at once. The software is safe to utilize and does not need any external utility to implement the procedure of data migration. The software makes Unicode PST file after conversion to Outlook PST file format. The utility supports all Windows OS both 32-bit and 64-bit. The application moves all the data to PST format without any bug.
In the above discussion, there are two ways to export Windows Live Mail into Outlook 2016 are discussed. It helps users to execute the data migration process in an efficient manner. If you still have some issue then, feel free to drop the comment below.
Today: Keshav is counting on you
Keshav Singh needs your help with “Tech Info: How to Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 – Manual and Professional Methods”. Join Keshav and 4 supporters today.