Teach Our Youth the Truth: support comprehensive and medically accurate sex education
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Help us Teach Our Youth the Truth! Let's work together and get legislators to pass Ohio Senate Bill 101!
Did you know that the state of Ohio does not require sex education programs to use medically accurate information? Yes! You read it right, schools have the freedom to teach their students about sexual health regardless of the accuracy of the content. Additionally, current sex education programs only teach abstaining from sexual activity as the single method of birth control. Educating children with inaccurate and inconclusive information is not only unethical but poses serious threats to their health and sexual competency. The current status of sex education in Ohio is a true disservice to our community's youth and a blatant disregard of their right to the necessary tools to make informed decisions about their sexual health.
The Breakdown: Senate Bill 101 Aims to:
- Improve Ohio's current sex education by making it more comprehensive and scientifically supported
- Prohibit health insurance companies from denying coverage for prescription drug or device birth control
- Require pharmacies to stock birth control drugs
- Create an Ohio teen pregnancy prevention task force
- Establish a standard of care for the victims of sexual assault
To find out more information please visit:
Today: Jessica is counting on you
Jessica Madrigal needs your help with “Teach Our Youth the Truth: Support Comprehensive and Medically Accurate Sex Education”. Join Jessica and 291 supporters today.