Teach Indian Languages in Coppell ISD
This petition had 492 supporters
Asian students account for 43.88% of total students in Coppell ISD -- South Asian, Indian, and Hindu making up a large majority. Students currently have the option of learning Spanish, French, Latin, Chinese or ASL in High School as a foreign language.
We, as a community of parents and students, are urging the Coppell ISD School Board and Administrators to offer Indian Languages for its students. This will not only be beneficial to students of Indian heritage, but also very valuable to non-Indian students who realize the importance of learning Indian languages to thrive in a global world.
Universities and colleges across North America (including UT Austin) offer Indian language classes. For instance, in the Dallas Metroplex, Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD has accepted Hindi: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2012/12/20/hurst-euless-bedford-isd-offers-asian-language-option-not-readily-found-hindi
AND Plano ISD has accredited Tamil: https://stfnonprofit.org/Plano-Tamil-School We are imploring Coppell ISD to do the same. Here are some reasons to teach Indian languages:
1. According to this report, https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/04/23/the-worlds-languages-in-7-maps-and-charts/?utm_term=.255ad5dc2b6d, Indian languages are some of most widely spoken native languages.
2. US Citizens who study critical languages like Indian languages are eligible for scholarships and preferential hiring for government jobs.
3. Knowledge of Indian languages is helpful for communicating in India and they are also useful in communication in other Asian countries.
4. Indian languages are fun and are the tickets to Indian films.
5. Indian languages are now recognized by the Texas State Board of Education.
Today: IndianLanguages is counting on you
IndianLanguages Lovers needs your help with “Teach Indian Languages in Coppell ISD”. Join IndianLanguages and 491 supporters today.