Change YRSL Rule 3.7 to allow additional team officials on bench during games.
This petition had 119 supporters
We want YRSL 3.7 to be changed to allow an additional team official (such as manager) on the bench during games. (YRSL - York Region Soccer League)
- Currently the rule states only 2 certified coaches can be on the bench.
- We want that changed to be the same as every other league in Ontario. This would allow managers or other non-coach team officials be on the bench.
- This is especially needed when both coaches are male.
- It is fantastic to encourage more females to get certified and become coaches, however, currently the majority of coaches are male.
- Many leagues mandate that a female be on the bench when coaching staff is male. This is for the protection of the girls and the coaches alike. (no false allegations can be made)
- When players are injuired, it can then be the female on the bench to assist the player off the field.
- These leagues all allow 4 team officials including managers: Ontario Youth Soccer League; OPDL; Peel Halton; Ottawa Carlton; CSL; Western Region Soccer League; East Region Soccer League, Niagara Youth Soccer League, Durham Region Soccer League, Elgin Middlesex Youth Soccer League, Ottawa Carlton Youth Soccer League, Hamilton & District Youth Soccer League, Southwest District Soccer League, Southeastern Ontario Soccer League .
- Toronto District Youth Soccer League allows 2 coaches +1 female manager if coaches are male.
We respectfully request that the YRSL changes their rules to be in line with the rest of the province.
Today: Kim is counting on you
Kim Stanley needs your help with “TBD: Change YRSL Rule 3.7 to allow additional team officials on bench during games.”. Join Kim and 118 supporters today.