Change YRSL Rule 3.7 to allow additional team officials on bench during games.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We want YRSL 3.7 to be changed to allow an additional team official (such as manager) on the bench during games. (YRSL - York Region Soccer League)
- Currently the rule states only 2 certified coaches can be on the bench.
- We want that changed to be the same as every other league in Ontario. This would allow managers or other non-coach team officials be on the bench.
- This is especially needed when both coaches are male.
- It is fantastic to encourage more females to get certified and become coaches, however, currently the majority of coaches are male.
- Many leagues mandate that a female be on the bench when coaching staff is male. This is for the protection of the girls and the coaches alike. (no false allegations can be made)
- When players are injuired, it can then be the female on the bench to assist the player off the field.
- These leagues all allow 4 team officials including managers: Ontario Youth Soccer League; OPDL; Peel Halton; Ottawa Carlton; CSL; Western Region Soccer League; East Region Soccer League, Niagara Youth Soccer League, Durham Region Soccer League, Elgin Middlesex Youth Soccer League, Ottawa Carlton Youth Soccer League, Hamilton & District Youth Soccer League, Southwest District Soccer League, Southeastern Ontario Soccer League .
- Toronto District Youth Soccer League allows 2 coaches +1 female manager if coaches are male.
We respectfully request that the YRSL changes their rules to be in line with the rest of the province.
Today: Kim is counting on you
Kim Stanley needs your help with “TBD: Change YRSL Rule 3.7 to allow additional team officials on bench during games.”. Join Kim and 118 supporters today.