Offer a plastic-free aisle at the Target in Daly City.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
Why plastic? Plastic is in everything. It's terrible for our environment and our health. Recently, a store in Amsterdam offered alternatives to plastic and opened a plastic-free aisle. They are the first store in the world to do so.
Let's get Target to commit to being the first store in the United States to offer a plastic-free aisle. Start local with the Target at Serramonte in Daly City.
A few issues with plastics:
- Sea turtles think plastic bags look like jellyfish. I like sea turtles and would prefer not to harm them.
- Fish are found to have plastics in their bodies. No thank you.
- Microplastics are in clothing, toothpaste, face scrubs, body washes, and more. It's 2018. There has got to be some better options.
- Swimming in a pristine part of the ocean - until you're surrounded by garbage. Seriously, not cool.
- Plastic is not compost's best friend.
It's not about banning plastic, it's about offering alternative products (such as #plasticfree reusable straws) and opening doors for new companies to sell their plastic-free products in a large chain store. Target has the opportunity to broaden and strengthen their commitment to sustainability. So, what do you say Target? Will you offer a plastic-free aisle at the Serramonte location?
#plasticalternatives #lifewithoutplastic #plasticocean #plasticpollution
Today: Rebecca is counting on you
Rebecca McDowell needs your help with “Target: Offer a plastic-free aisle at the Target in Daly City.”. Join Rebecca and 3,923 supporters today.