RIVER ISLAND STOP PUSHING GRAPHIC SEXUAL CONTENT IN FRONT OF YOUNG IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN
This petition made change with 238 supporters!
Today I was shown a link to a video that is shown on the big screen inside River Island stores.
River Island is a clothing store with ranges for both Children and Adult shoppers.
The content of the video, features two girls passionately kissing, tugging at each others clothes and licking in a sexual way. It is wholly inappropriate for young children to be watching. It is also embarrassing to many adults, especially those with children in tow.
This advert created by Studio Blvd for RIVER ISLAND is aiming to promote equality of race and sex among other things. 'Labels are for clothes'. A super catchy tag line. We all agree that labels are for clothes not for humans.
Showing a girl licking the face and passionately embracing and touching another girl on screen in front of us and our children is not about to make us understand that we shouldn't call them Lesbians. It just causes distress and makes the majority of people not want to shop at River Island and here's why;
1) Gay is normal and has been for a long time, no-one does labeling anymore. We know what Gender fluid is and we know you can chose to be whatever sex or non sex you want to be because this is 2018.
2) Being a different race or religion is also passe. Nobody cares what colour or religion you are. Todays movement is moreover about peace, harmony, healthy eating and positive vibes all around.
3) We don't care that the racy content is woman on woman. We care about the inappropriateness of the sexual content being paraded in front of us and our children. You are also offending lesbians by making this 'a thing of disgust by many'
4) Showing inappropriate content in front of young impressionable children is as embarrassing and distressing as it is harmful to children and to their parents.
5) Explicit content of any kind can be found on channels that have a parental CODE to access them. We do not need our 8 year old daughters to see these images in your stores whilst we are shopping for a birthday party outfit.
6) A clever marketeer does not use SEX to promote Gender or Race Labeling.
YOU CAN DO ONE OR TWO THINGS...
1) Remove or edit out the inappropriate scenes featuring content of a sexual nature and carry on running the video in front of young children.
2) Sack your agency for making you look so bad.
3) None of the above
THERE ARE A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO WANT TO PROTECT THE INNOCENCE OF THEIR CHILDREN OR STEP CHILDREN WHO WILL NOT COME BACK TO SHOP AT YOUR STORE IF YOU DO NOTHING.
Please sign and share if you wish this advert to be removed from showing in River Island stores.
Today: tamar is counting on you
tamar klaus needs your help with “Tamar Frieze: RIVER ISLAND STOP PUSHING GRAPHIC SEXUAL CONTENT IN FRONT OF YOUNG IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN”. Join tamar and 237 supporters today.