Take Part in Action for Saving Rohingya People Now!
Bu kampanya 1.699 destekçiye ulaştı
People of Rohingya are Muslim Minority living for the last 500 years in the west part of Myanmar (formerly Burma) in the state of Rakhine (Arakan). Roots of oppression towards Rohingya Muslims date back to decades before the recent stage of twin attacks on Muslim minority by Buddhist majority militia and backing state military forces which started in 2012.
Fate of Arakan Muslim has been dramatically aggravated by Myanmar’s 1982 Citizenship Law which denied Rohingya Muslims of citizenship outlawing the whole community as effectively stateless The law not just restrict Rohingya Muslim from government benefits such as education, healthcare but also subject them to forced labour and leaves any violence against them unpunished.
The 2012 State of Emergency declared by military government led to crackdown by the Myanmar military and Buddhist militia on Rohingya Muslims resulting in wide-scale human rights violations including extrajudicial killings, gang rapes, arsons and other brutalities.
Unfortunately, the democratically elected government of Myanmar under Aung San Suu Kyi keeps deaf ear to suffering of its own population and has not taken effective steps to end the violence against Rohingiyans.
In response to call by ICYF-DC we, as young people of consciences of different geographies, cultural and religious background STRONGLY DEMAND demand
A) FROM Government of Myanmar to:
- Immediately take effective measures to stop violence and massacre against civilian Muslims of Rohingya
- Allow humanitarian aid to reach those in need in Arakan and refugee camps
B) From Nobel Peace Prize Laurette Aung San Suu Kyi to:
- Honour her words of “My attitude to peace is rather based on the Burmese definition of peace - it really means removing all the negative factors that destroy peace in this world. So peace does not mean just putting an end to violence or to war, but to all other factors that threaten peace, such as discrimination, such as inequality, poverty.”
- To exert any required action to return right of citizenship consists of 1.5 Million strong community of Rohingya Muslims; and ensure justice for perpetrators of grave human right violations in Arakan
C) From UN Member States (particularly influential neighbours of Myanmar) to :
- Exert political and economic pressure on the GM until it takes effective steps to honour human right of people of Rohingya in full
D) UN Secretary General to:
- Undertake necessary measures to ensure implementation of Resolution adopted by UN General Assembly (Res No: A/RES/68/242) that Calls upon the Government of Myanmar to step up its efforts to promote tolerance and peaceful coexistence in all sectors of society by, inter alia, encouraging interfaith dialogue and understanding and supporting community leaders in this direction and Human Rights Council Resolution (Res No:) Condemns the systematic gross violations of human rights and abuses committed in Rakhine State, in particular against Rohingya Muslims and Calls upon the Government of Myanmar to ensure the protection of human rights of all persons in Myanmar, including of Rohingya Muslims.
- Until effective measures taken in this regards we invite all humans of good will and conciseness to join ICYF-DC announced campaign #SaveRohingyaNow in undertaking peaceful actions aimed at expressing solidarity with oppressed Rohingyans; unveiling truth on tragedy ongoing in Arakan and raising international awareness with aim of saving innocent lives
To Raise awareness and end sufferings of Rohingya Muslims with us please Sign this Petition, Follow the campaign actions; Join announced actions or Create your own event under campaign; SEND US any information concerning Rohingya tragedy - at our social media accounts
Facebook : fb.com/OICYouth
Bugün Islamic Conference Youth Forum imzanı bekliyor!
Islamic Conference Youth Forum ICYF-DC bu imza kampanyası için senin desteğini bekliyor: «Take Part in Action for Saving Rohingya People Now!». Islamic Conference Youth Forum ve imza atan diğer 1.698 kişiye katıl.