- Minister Niall Blair (Minister for Land)Minister for Land
- PremierPremier of NSW
Sydney's only charity pound with no time limits set to close after 70years of saving lives
- Minister for Land
Minister Niall Blair (Minister for Land)
- Premier of NSW
Sydney Dogs and Cats Home is a not-for-profit animal shelter and community facility that never places a time limit on any animal awaiting adoption.
We are the only facility of our kind in all of Sydney.
We have launched a petition to demonstrate the sheer amount of community support for the work we do.
Our messages are simple:
- We provide not-for-profit pound facilities for nine councils right across Sydney, with more than 3,000 animals coming through our doors each year.
- For 70 years, we’ve offered a safe haven for lost and abandoned animals, and we are the only facility of our kind in Sydney that places no time limits on animals in our care.
- Despite this, it takes us an average of just 3 weeks to find them a new home.
- Demand for our services is increasing – both through anticipated council amalgamations and the closure of other facilities
- Thousands of animals – and our staff, our volunteers and the councils that rely on us – face an uncertain future if we, ourselves, can’t find a new home.
We are a well-run charity with a sustainable business plan.
We have architect designs for a new facility that is a combined Animal Shelter and Community Facility, the first of its kind for NSW.
We want to expand our programs that help the aged, those living with disability and youth living with mental health illness– programs that are currently oversubscribed. But we are faced with the very real prospect of extinction without your government’s intervention.
We have raised close to $1million of the $3million required to get a new facility built and operational - but we need a site on which to house it.
We've helped more than 200,000 animals in need over the last 70 years, now, will you help us?
We are seeking a Crown Land site on which to build our new facility - we are urgently seeking your assistance before our time runs out.
Sydney Dogs & Cats Home started this petition with a single signature, and now has 54,650 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Jessica is counting on you
Jessica Shaftoe needs your help with “Sydney's only charity pound with no time limits set to close after 70years of saving lives”. Join Jessica and 54,649 supporters today.