RECYCLE BINS IN KINGSWAY FOOD CHAINS
This petition had 7,658 supporters
Often eating at Kingsway's food chains, we became aware of the great amount of waste produced. None of these restaurants (Wasabi, Pod, Pret-a-Manger, Leon,Starbucks, etc) have recycle bins within their facilities. Consequently, we must throw-away even the recyclable materials - like plastic packaging and coffee cups - in the waste bins. This petition is to promote sustainability by asking these establishments to have recycling bins. This is a very easy way to lower our ecological footprint by reducing waste and incentivising greater recycling.
* Photo taken in front of Wasabi around closing time
Quick Facts :
- Every 2 minutes in the U.K, 10.000 coffee cups are thrown into the waste bin rather than being recycled.
- Around 72% of all plastic packaging is not recycled!
- Food waste generates approximately 2.1 million tonnes of CO2 emissions.
- Disposing of London’s food waste costs our waste authorities over £50 million each year.
- 9 out of 10 people would recycle if it was made easier for them.
Today: Francesca is counting on you
Francesca Alduncin needs your help with “SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT: RECYCLE BINS IN KINGSWAY FOOD CHAINS”. Join Francesca and 7,657 supporters today.