RECYCLE BINS IN KINGSWAY FOOD CHAINS
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
Often eating at Kingsway's food chains, we became aware of the great amount of waste produced. None of these restaurants (Wasabi, Pod, Pret-a-Manger, Leon,Starbucks, etc) have recycle bins within their facilities. Consequently, we must throw-away even the recyclable materials - like plastic packaging and coffee cups - in the waste bins. This petition is to promote sustainability by asking these establishments to have recycling bins. This is a very easy way to lower our ecological footprint by reducing waste and incentivising greater recycling.
* Photo taken in front of Wasabi around closing time
Quick Facts :
- Every 2 minutes in the U.K, 10.000 coffee cups are thrown into the waste bin rather than being recycled.
- Around 72% of all plastic packaging is not recycled!
- Food waste generates approximately 2.1 million tonnes of CO2 emissions.
- Disposing of London’s food waste costs our waste authorities over £50 million each year.
- 9 out of 10 people would recycle if it was made easier for them.
Today: Francesca is counting on you
Francesca Alduncin needs your help with “SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT: RECYCLE BINS IN KINGSWAY FOOD CHAINS”. Join Francesca and 7,653 supporters today.