Counselling in Engineering College - A Big Scam
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
There are various engineering colleges in India. Although the entrance exam of various engineering colleges are being merged into JEEE Main exam but still some of the institute like Vellore Institute of Technology, Biral Institutte of Technology, SRM Institute, Manipal University etc are conducting there exam separately. These institute generally conduct their entrance exam around 1 month before the JEEE Advance exam or some time before JEEE Main exam. Apart from this they conduct the counselling before the JEEE Advance exam and ask student to secure the seat by paying full year tuition fees. Of-course they do have refund policy but it is made in such a way so as student necessarily loose around 10-20% of their fees. This is a big scam going on and needs to be stopped immediately.
The scam amount calculation for just one institute is as given below:
1. The Vellore Institute of Technology (4 Colleges) - around 8000 seats
2. The approximate fees required to secure a seat - Rs 2.75 Lakh
3. Refund policy (a) 100% refund if not securing 60% in 12th PCM or withdrawal before commencement of program / Orientation (b) 90% refund if the withdrawal request received within 25 days from commencement of program / Orientation (c) 80% refund if the withdrawal request received after 25 days and before 40 days from commencement of program / Orientation (d) No refund if the withdrawal request received after 40 days from commencement of program / Orientation.
4. The commencement of program for the current year in Vellore institute of Technology is on 09/07/2018 onward however the JEEE Advance result will come on 10/06/2018 thereafter counselling by mid of July 2018. So in all probability a student can submit the withdrawal request within 25 days of commencement of program / orientation i.e. 10% deduction in fees deposited by him / her.
5. Assuming out of 8000 student enrolled, around 3000 students gets good branch in IIT / NIIT then they will prefer to withdraw within 25 days of commencement of program (as program / orientation starting on 9th July 2018 onward but counselling for IIT / NIIT will be completed only after Mid July 2018). Hence these 3000 students will have to forego their 10% of fees deposited.
6. This amount works out to be Rs 2.75 Lakh x 3000 x 10% = 825 Lakh i.e. 8.25 Crore. So considering all the private colleges this amount will be in thousand of crores.
Apart from the above, the parents has to deposit the fees at atleast couple of colleges as they want to secure the career of their child. So the financial pressure of the parents are quite high and becoming difficult to parents having financial constraint.
We demand this has to be stopped immediately and following should be implemented:
1. Conduct only one entrance exam for all colleges in India.
2. If the exam pattern can not be changed then the counselling for all colleges to be started only after 50% completion of counselling for JEEE Advance.
3. If the point 1 and 2 are not possible then admission to these private institute to be secured only with Rs 25000/- and balance fees to be paid up within 30 days of commencement of program / orientation. But the commencement of program / orientation should be only 10 days after completion of counselling for JEEE Advance.
Request all to raise your voice and stop this profit making scheme made for private colleges.
Today: Praveen is counting on you
Praveen Varma needs your help with “email@example.com : Counselling in Engineering College - A Big Scam”. Join Praveen and 30 supporters today.