Prevention of Deportation of Rohingya Muslims
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
- The Rohingya Muslims are a minority Muslim Community who have been facing persecution from the Buddhist majority in Myanmar for several years now.
- They have been subjected to inhuman treatment, torture, rape, murder and other atrocities which have now forced them to seek refuge in our country.
- The principle of non-refoulement which has now attained the status of customary international law prevents such deportation of any individual who faces a fear of persecution (murder, rape, genocide etc.) in their own country.
- India by undertaking the step of deportation shall be in breach of this customary international law principle of non-refoulement since there is a persistent threat of persecution of the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar which the Government of India is well aware of.
- Moreover, the Rohingya Muslims must be provided asylum on humanitarian grounds till the crisis is resolved.
Today: Kunal is counting on you
Kunal Dey needs your help with “Supreme Court of India: Prevention of Deportation of Rohingya Muslims”. Join Kunal and 25 supporters today.