Restrict Excessive Traffic for the Safety of Residents in the West Sherman Oaks Hills
This petition had 321 supporters
Efforts to help relieve the burden of traffic in the West Sherman Oaks Hills, are now in jeopardy.
Early this year, traffic mitigation measures were put to a vote in the West Sherman Oaks Hills, and the vast majority of residents (4 to 1) voted FOR relief. But opponents in neighboring communities have relentlessly contacted city officials in opposition so that they can continue to use our neighborhood as a short-cut, threatening our safety and health. Consequently, the enactment of any traffic mitigation measures must now be approved by the "City Council".
Tell the City that that you want them to follow state and city policy for streets and restrict excessive commuter traffic for our safety and health.
AS A REMINDER...
- Our streets have 90-460% more traffic than they were designed for. All streets south of Valley Vista, between Stone Canyon and Sepulveda, including the portion of Woodcliff from Deerhorn to Mulholland, do not have the minimum width to meet the lowest category of city streets, making them “substandard.”
- Our streets are designed to handle no more than 2,000 cars and trucks per day, yet we are forced to absorb as many as 15,000 vehicles in some areas as indicated by LADOT's own traffic counts (which were conducted during school breaks and not during the peak of commuter traffic!!!)
- This traffic jeopardizes lives and properties due to increased road vibrations (especially on hillside streets prone to landslides), pollution, noise, dangerous drivers, and impeded access for emergency vehicles. And, it diminishes property values.
- The 405 and Sepulveda Blvd., just 1/2 to 1 mile West, were built for commuters. Our Collector, Standard, Limited Standard, and Substandard streets were built for our residents to get in and the neighborhood.
- Other neighborhoods received signage without a ballot vote, City Council approval or the “consensus building” and “compromise” the city is now asking of us.
PLEASE SIGN THE PETITION AND LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
Today: WSOH is counting on you
WSOH Traffic Safety needs your help with “Support traffic mitigation measures to stop unsafe cut-through traffic in the West Sherman Oaks Hills.”. Join WSOH and 320 supporters today.