Support the Ally Centre
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
We are giving support to the Ally Centre and recognizing all of the essential services that they provide to the community. The Ally Centre, formerly the AIDS Coalition of Cape Breton, has been an important part of the community for over 25 years. They provide many services that benefit the people living in Cape Breton and we are asking for support from the community to ensure that these services remain available.
The Ally Centre is integral to the health and well-being of the citizens of Cape Breton, especially to those who are marginalized, vulnerable and in need of support and care. The services they provide protect and serve the area and this needs to continue.
The Ally Centre aims to reduce barriers by providing primary health care services in a non-judgemental and caring environment. Below are some of the services that the Ally Centre provides. Funding is needed in order to continue offering these programs.
- Primary health care clinic
- Drop in center with internet and phone access
- Food bank and housing support
- Sharp Advice Needle Exchange program
- Anonymous HIV testing, as well as testing for Hepatitis B & C and syphilis
- Onsite access to health services such as foot care, chiropractor, mental health and addiction services
- Peer counselling is available
- Access to resources, treatment information and emotional support
- Information seminars and public education workshops
- LGBT resource centre
- Support services for those living with HIV and Hepatitis C
- Naloxone Overdose Prevention Program
The Ally Centre supports the community, please show your support in ensuring these programs remain available to the community of Cape Breton.
Today: Take Action! is counting on you
Take Action! needs your help with “Support the Ally Centre”. Join Take Action! and 11 supporters today.