Support Piazza Saint Francis The Poets Plaza in San Francisco's North Beach
This petition had 1,603 supporters
A new public plaza for lovers of poetry, music, and art in the heart of North Beach. Ten years in the making, the Piazza Saint Francis will transform a dangerous, car-infested road into a lush garden oasis for San Francisco families and world travelers.
Benefits and details:
- A new green public space for all San Franciscans.
- A future City landmark for lovers of poetry, music, and art.
- Increased business for locally-owned shops and restaurants.
- Vehicle calming traffic measures included in design.
- Increased pedestrian safety for visiting families and children.
- Construction and design privately funded to save City resources.
Inspired by the grand plazas of Italy, the Piazza Saint Francis will reclaim the 600 block of Vallejo Street between Grant Avenue and Columbus Avenues. Constructed of Italian white granite and lined with luscious Olive trees, the Piazza Saint Francis will honor and pay homage to the great poets and peacemakers of the world by having their inspirational words etched into the plaza. Free of all vehicle traffic, the open space plaza will feature tables, chairs, and local artists - a truly spectacular Mediterranean oasis to enjoy a cappuccino and connect with your neighbors!
Please join us today to help make this dream a reality. Support open space. Support the Piazza Saint Francis.
Today: Adam is counting on you
Adam Greenfield needs your help with “Support Piazza Saint Francis The Poets Plaza in San Francisco's North Beach”. Join Adam and 1,602 supporters today.