Support Community Assembly of God Church
This petition made change with 136 supporters!
This petition is in response to the City of San Francisco’s aim to build low income/affordable housing on the church property of Community Assembly of God at 355 Ocean Avenue.
There are over 950 new units of low income/affordable housing currently scheduled to be built within a 3 block radius of the church at 355 Ocean Avenue.
Community Assembly of God Church supports affordable housing; however, not at the cost of losing our own church property for the City.
Our church is currently going through transition with new leadership with fresh vision to provide long-term scalable, replicable resources and connections for youth, young professionals and families to produce positive social change in the neighborhood and throughout the city and peninsula.
Community's initiatives within this vision are to:
- Add value and beautification to the neighborhood through planned exterior building improvements.
- Provide free sports activities and recreation for teens and young adults.
- Provide empowerment and entrepreneurship seminars/workshops to neighborhood families, women, young professionals and youth. Taught by local business professionals (topics include: job skills, financial planning, academic success, health fairs, cultural enrichment, tech training, etc.).
- Develop a business incubator/accelerator and resource center to provide San Francisco residents the knowledge, resources, and access to build their business ideas. Local residents would have access to classes, workshops and one-on-one business coaching.
- Empower mothers and women by providing services/classes at the church that may otherwise be unavailable to the community and provide resource referrals to mothers and women in need.
- Partner with area agencies to combat human trafficking in our city and the Peninsula.
We need your help! Please join us in our stand to keep our church property at 355 Ocean Ave by signing this petition.
Today: Community Assembly of God (San Francisco) is counting on you
Community Assembly of God (San Francisco) needs your help with “Support Community Assembly of God Church”. Join Community Assembly of God (San Francisco) and 135 supporters today.