Our NHS Pledge
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
As the NHS celebrates its 70th anniversary this July, Students for Global Health Glasgow wish to emphasise the founding principles of the NHS and commit to ensuring a future where universal healthcare is a right, not a privilege, for everyone.
We, as future workers in the NHS, pledge to;
- A publicly funded and publicly owned National Health Service
- Available to everyone equally, free at the point of access
- Service provision is based on clinical need, not ability to pay
- Services not provided by commercial companies in the interest of shareholders and profit
- A redistribution of funding to tackle the “inverse care law” of health provision
- The repeal of Health and Social Care Act 2012 and the removal of the internal market within NHS England
- Repeal all regulations which charge for NHS care and turn healthcare into immigration control
Please sign your name and role (student, nurse, doctor etc) and share if you agree with the above statements regarding our health service.
For more information on Students for Global Health's policy on the NHS, follow this link: https://medsinblog.files.wordpress.com/2018/01/national-health-service-nhs-policy-statement-sga-17.pdf
Today: Students for Global Health Glasgow is counting on you
Students for Global Health Glasgow needs your help with “Students for Global Health Glasgow: Our NHS Pledge”. Join Students for Global Health Glasgow and 29 supporters today.