Recycling at the Aventine complex, The Hill, Newcastle!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
I, Lani Beaven, have created this petition on the 26 September 2018 to encourage residents at The Aventine complex in The Hill to stop using regular rubbish bins and demand adequate recycling bins are provided at the premises. We moved into this complex only 3 weeks ago and have been notified that the complex manager DOES NOT SUPPLY RECYCLING BINS.
Residents of Newcastle are moving towards environmentally conscious choices and are starting to see and understand the detrimental effects plastics and non-recycling are having on our environment. It is astounding that this complex does not offer appropriate recycling bins for residents to correctly dispose of their goods. This is a direct example of damaging regression in a time when progression is essential.
It is my hope that the residents, owners, building manager and strata committee will recognise the issue of non-recycling and see the need for this change and the reason for this petition.
I believe the owners and residents at The Aventine have good intentions and are unaware of the devastating effects caused by irresponsible disposing of waste and not utilising the need for recycling and garden waste bins. It is my goal to encourage this residence to implement sustainable practices and help make Newcastle and our Planet cleaner and safer for future generations. It is my goal to ensure that recycling bins are supplied as a matter of urgency and are kept for future use.
Recycling Facts that every Australia should know on Why to Recycle?
- Reduce Pollution – collecting, refining and processing raw materials contributes to air and water pollution.
- Lower Energy Use – recycling reduces the amount of energy expenditure.
- Reduce Landfill – waste that would normally be sent to landfill can be reused and recycled!
- Protect Animals and their Habitats – recycling reduces the impact on raw materials being removed from the environment, this means less animals are losing their homes.
- Recycling helps save 11,000 mega-litres of water every year
- Recycling helps reduce 386,000 tonnes of green house gases
- Australia is in the top 87% of leaders in paper/cardboard recycling however each individual still consumes 230KG per year of unrecycled paper
- Recycling just one tonne of paper would save 13 trees, 2.5 barrels of oil, 4,100 kWh of electricity, 4 cubed meters of landfill and 32,000 litres of water
- An estimated 1 million sea creates are killed by plastic every year
- Recycling one plastic bottle saves enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION SO WE CAN HELP ASSIST IN RESIDENTS AND MANAGERS UNDERSTANDING THE IMPORTANCE OF RECYCLING!
Today: Lani is counting on you
Lani Beaven needs your help with “Stuart Mill - Complex Manager: Recycling at the Aventine complex, The Hill, Newcastle!”. Join Lani and 123 supporters today.