Stop Tippu Jayanti Celebration by Govt. of Karnataka
This petition had 3,816 supporters
Dear Brothers and Sisters, Karnataka government has decided to officially celebrate Tippu Jayanti on November 10. Celebrating a ruthless tyrant’s birthday as state festival of Karnataka is not just a whole hearted objection of the people from all walks of life but it is also unacceptable to democratic, secular and humane Indians and native Kannadiga's. Because the truth is, he fought against foreign powers not for the love of his country, but for the selfish motive of establishing Islamic rule throughout India.
When name of Tippu Sultan comes to our mind some might feel proud about him for what he has been portrayed as and many may dislike and disown him for what they really know about him. Here is an attempt to reveal the true picture of Tippu to the readers, society and bring it to the notice of handcuffed blind government. This is the collective initiative to help open the eyes of government. Not directed against any religion, sect or community but against the cruelty of a person who had no morality nor any faith in humanity but believed in ruthless despotism and radically followed the path of death and destruction.
Uttishta Bharatha opposes Tippu Jayanti not because he was a Muslim but because he was Anti-human tyrant. We endorse great personalities like Sant Shishunal Sharif, Mirza Ismail, Idayatullah Mestri, Nazir Sab etc., not because they all were Muslim’s but because their contribution to humanity is unquestionable. If government plans for their Jayanti’s we support the cause but Karnataka government is so disastrous that it wants to follow a brutal, callous, sadistic ruler in the history of India, The Tippu Sultan, a communally motivated tyrant.
Agenda of Uttishta Bharatha is to ensure the cancellation of the forthcoming “Tippu Jayanti” celebrations planned by the current Government of Karnataka and save precious Kannadiga lives which is evident from the precedent set from two previous Tippu Jayanti escapade that resulted in loss of two innocent Kannadiga lives. And loss to exchequer’s budget for this hasty ceremony and celebration.
Not only is the current dispensation doing great disservice to the general Kannadiga population by celebrating the Jayanti of a highly divisive historical tyrant ruler, they are also willfully creating a deep rift between the peaceful coexisting communities Hindus and Muslims of the state.
The present Government has failed to understand that no Kannadiga wants his tax money to be spent on celebrating the birth of a despot who deprived the people of their own mother tongue and forced a foreign language Farsi (Persian) upon them. Government has got no money for substantiating the poor farmers’ lives who are committing suicides and are also proud Kannadigas’. But has plenty of money for vote bank politics and communal appeasement and contradiction is Tippu happens to be anti-Kannadiga because of his ideology and acts! It is a huge loss to exchequer’s budget and set back to intellectual intelligentsia by not questioning the attempt of the government and blindly falling in line in this hasty ceremony and meaningless celebration. This petition is also an attempt to save the tax payers’ money.
Uttishta Bharatha sincerely requests you to read the below few true facts about Tippu & then take a stand, only then if you feel like signing the petition please join the cause and share a word. These facts are not selective as we are not pitching for his superstitious faith, acts & dreams. Don't mistake us if we are not superstitious.
1. The summer palace near Kalasipalyam bus stand is named after Tippu Sultan. But the unknown fact is that it was constructed by Nadaprabu Kempegowda in very indigenous style. It was renovated and modified with Islamic architecture by Hyder Ali in the year 1761. Later on the practice and precedence continued to call it as Tippu’s Palace forgetting the original father behind the construction of the history. Not to mention how Kempegowda of Bengaluru was annoyed and embarrassed by Hyder Ali. Can anyone forget the way Wodeyar prince of Mysore’s trust was breached, cheated and imprisoned. How can we forget the way Madakari Nayaka of Chitradurga was attacked treacherously.
2. As for as the famous Mysore missile technology is concerned, it was not the sudden offshoot under the Tippu Sultan’s regime as wrongly projected and assumed. But it was the gradual development of the technology natively. Before Anglo-Maratha wars there was no major war like situation before Mysore kingdom and therefore never used it. It was effectively used by Tippu and not exactly developed by him. Iron cased rockets fitted with swords in them was the very innovative idea of native people of Mysore region inspired from ancient texts.
3. November 10 is also a day when 700 Melukote Ayyangar’s were hanged by Tippu Sultan. One of the worst genocide Karnataka has ever seen. The day supposed to be the day of mourning for humanity but shockingly it has become the day of pride. It is the real blunder by the government of Karnataka which is known for committing inquisitive blunders again and again throughout its three years of rule. It will be a very huge and uncorrectable blunder if we support it too or blindly accept it. Celebrating the same day as the Tippu Jayanti on the same day of genocide is like celebrating the Hitler Jayanti on the day he began holocaust.
4. Not just the Melukote Ayyangar’s. It’s the Kodava's, who he butchered in thousands, mainly women and children, and forcibly converted innumerable people. It’s the Mangalorean Catholics, whose churches he destroyed and converted thousands of Christians. The Nairs of Wyanad and Malabar, who he tried to exterminate. Evidence for this comes from Tippu’s own letters and diaries.
5. He is celebrated as Tiger of Mysore mainly for two reasons. One unfortunately without any option he had to fight three battles with East India Company. Second reason is very political. After the ruthless despotic regimes of Islamic Delhi sultanate, Mughals in Delhi and regional tyrants like Bhamani’s in Karnataka, Nizam of Hyderabad etc. Secular historians wanted to prove at least one Islamic regime to be secular and mature with high quest for freedom! But on the slippery bricks of lies. Therefore it was necessary to project Tippu Sultan to be the Tiger of Mysore who fought for India. It was very easily used to encash the vote bank of Muslims very cleverly by celebrating Tippu Jayanti as official festival of the state legitimizing him to be the real freedom fighter with great virtues of a noble ruler and picturizing him as the father of missile technology and ideal administrator not to mention his (un)secular approach in daily life. Pushing down the real Tippu Sultan, portrayed fictional Tippu may be a fact we all need to put behind us and move ahead but falsely believing in those unquestioned lies of historians and blindly celebrating him to be the martyr who fought for nation is like being the part fool’s paradise. Which is unacceptable and not okay to all the Indians.
6. The conspiracy of Tippu Jayanti takes us to another level. In 2015 when it was started it was celebrated under waqf board. In 2016 the government has started to show its true color by celebrating Tippu Jayanti under Department of Kannada and Culture. It is clear agenda of the government making Tippu Jayanti to be the state festival. And implanting Tippu Sultan as the Karnataka’s leader. One of the easy way Karnataka government found it to consolidate Muslims by covertly encouraging the communal divide.
7. Two years since is initiation even when there was dissent voices in majority against its celebration, Karnataka government celebrated it surpassing all the dissents, protests and uncountable requests and suppressing the truth of Tippu Sultan and people who stood against the blunder. Not to mention the disturbance caused to life and peace of the state. After 300 years, even when many liberal Muslims do not endorse this Jayanti and even when state is facing multiple challenges, is it necessary for the state government to happily celebrate Tippu Jayanti? It sounds somber but state government isn’t disturbed by all of this and arrogantly believes in mine is right principle. Which is very dangerous dictatorial attitude in the democracy.
8. Tippu Sultan made Persian language as the administrative language forcefully during his regime by scrapping down the popular soul of people native Kannada language which was the prevalent administrative and Mysore state language earlier and after Tippu ! This is mere contradictory jolt that the person who was enemy of Kannada language and Kannada culture has been celebrated as Hero by Karnataka Government’s Kannada and Culture department. Tax payer’s money seems having no value but a source to sabotaging the pride of Kannada and Karnataka.
9. Tippu’s radical chauvinist mentality was not just restricted to forcefully implementing Persian language over Kannada but also in all aspects of his life. Prominent Muslim historians Kirmani and Ghulam Muhammad, Tippu Sultan’s own son, revealed numerous shocking facts and realities associated with Tippu Sultan in their writings. Since he wanted to give most things around him a Muslim touch, he got several Hindu names of places replaced with Muslim names. For example, Mangalore or Mangalapuri was changed to Jalalabad, Mysore to Nazarabad, Bepur to Sultanpatanam, Cannanore to Kusanabad, Gooty to Faiz-Hissar, Dharwar to Quarshed-Sawad, Dindigul to Khaliqabad, Ratnagiri to Mustafabad, Kozhikode to Islamabad, and Dindigul to Khaliqabad. The local residents of all these places could revert to old names only after Tippu Sultan’s death!
10. As per an official report by Colonel Fullarton, the then in-charge of British forces in Mangalore, Tippu Sultan committed the worst possible brutalities on Hindu's during his acquisition of Palghat Fort in the year 1783. His soldiers scared Hindus by exposing the heads of all innocent Brahmins that were brutally killed by them from the fort Zamorin. The Zamorin then decided to abandon the fort, so that he and his Hindu followers didn’t have to witness more such enormities. Tippu continued to commit brutalities as he moved ahead fighting and annihilating the Hindus in Kerala. The Rajas who didn’t want to let him proceed with all this asked help from the British.
11. During his reign, one of the major goals of Tippu Sultan was to destroy/ ruin Hindu temples in Mysore and Malabar, and let Islam establish and thrive. Historians like Lewis B. Boury have described Tippu’s violence against Hindus in and around Malabar as way more ferocious than atrocities committed by Mahmud of Ghazni, Nadir Shah and Alauddin Khalji against Hindus in Hindustan. William Logan has mentioned in the “Malabar Manual” that Thalipparampu and Thrichambaram temples of Chirackal Taluqa, Ponmeri Temple of Badakara, and Thiruvangatu of Tellicherry were among the major temples smashed by Tippu Sultan. Since all such actions committed by Tippu Sultan were inspired by his hatred and difference for Hindus and Hinduism, he forced only his antagonists to accept Islam. The worse, countless women and children were included among his victims.
Uttishta Bharatha’s humble endeavor here has been to showcase that the life of Tippu Sultan is absolutely unworthy of celebration. If anything this chapter in Indian history must be dealt with the same vehemence that the Germans deal with their history of Hitler and ensure that such a thing is never allowed to happen again.
Thanking you all for taking out your valuable time to read this petition completely, supporting, signing & sharing this petition. You may also share your ideas and opinions while signing the petition, a noble cause. Also do register your protest by giving a Miss Call to this number 9555932200.
Jai Hind; Vande Mataram
E-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ UttishtaBharatha
Twitter: www.twitter.com/ UttishtaBharata
Petition prepared by Dr Manish Mokshagundam & Shri Shreyanka S Ranade
Today: Uttishta Bharatha is counting on you
Uttishta Bharatha needs your help with “Stop Tippu Jayanti Celebration by Govt. of Karnataka”. Join Uttishta Bharatha and 3,815 supporters today.