- Stephen WetmoreCEO, Canadian Tire
- Patrick Flynn DavidsonGeneral Manager, Costco Wholesale Canada
- Jeff KinnairdPresident, The Home Depot Canada
- Sandra SandersonChief Marketing and Quality Officer, Walmart Canada
- Robert SawyerCEO, Rona Home & Garden
- Sylvain Prud`hommePresident, Lowe's Companies Canada
- Clint MahlmanExecutive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, London Drugs
- Eric BertholdSr. Vice President, Loblaw Companies Limited
Stop the sale of barbeque bristle brushes
Wire bristle barbeque brushes are a dangerous product and should not be sold in Canada. All major retailers and e-tailers should voluntarily stop their sale and switch to safer products.
Join us and sign the petition
There are better and safer alternatives than these often cheap 'made in China' health hazards though even "premium" brushes from known brands pose this risk.
Let's make summer 2016 the last one we've seen those health hazards come close to the food we serve to friends and family.
What's the issue?
The wires can easily break and get dislodged from the brush while cleaning a barbeque. Since these are small wire pieces that are hard to see (especially when there's burnt food remains on the grill) and can quite easily end up on and in food (like hamburgers). People can really get hurt when they have these wires enter their tongue, throat or even reach their digestive system!
This can be painful, dangerous and extremely difficult to remove with surgery. Sometimes not possible to remove with surgery at all!
Also - these wires also have potentially dangerous environmental effects.
If you missed the recent news...
- Petition seeks grill brush ban
- BBQ brush bristle in burger lands Toronto boy, 6, in hospital
- Canadian surgeons urge people to throw out bristle BBQ brushes
Photo credit: CBC
- CEO, Canadian Tire
- General Manager, Costco Wholesale Canada
Patrick Flynn Davidson
- President, The Home Depot Canada
- Chief Marketing and Quality Officer, Walmart Canada
- CEO, Rona Home & Garden
- President, Lowe's Companies Canada
- Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, London Drugs
- Sr. Vice President, Loblaw Companies Limited
Stop the sale of barbeque wire bristle brushes.
Adi K started this petition with a single signature, and now has 122 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Adi is counting on you
Adi K needs your help with “Stop the sale of barbeque bristle brushes”. Join Adi and 121 supporters today.